This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How do I Remove overlapping shows?

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Is there a way to remove the shows that get recorder before and after the tv show I record. They all start early and end late from some shows starting early or ending late.

Also, some commercials aren't being removed. I think they are mostly the channel's own previews of their own shows.

Also, some shows don't seem to report the proper series and episodes number. It seems to happen with the newest episode only, but sometimes it happens to all of the episodes. especially if it's a new first year run show.
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2014 at 11:19 PM
To cut the beginning and ending you can either tune comskip.ini (see the advanced commands documentation page) or you can use the start trim and end trim in the expert settings page.

If all your commercials aren't being removed you will need I tune your comskip.ini

As for shownames, these are pulled from the internet sites like TVDB etc. if that information is not present there it will not show up. Feel free to add the information on the websites and it will show up the next time.

Aug 22, 2014 at 4:44 AM
I couldn't find the start trim or end trim in the expert menu in mcebuddy. Maybe there is more than one expert menu?

I searched the documentation and couldn't see any command for doing this. The document is a little overwhelming, so maybe I missed it. Can you be more specific as to what I should be looking for?

as for showname. What database does mcebuddy use?

I think maybe the shows are logged as recorded as my one series, "Graveyard Carz" has no season 1, and season 2 has only episodes 5 and 7 and season 3 have a few episodes missing as well. It's been recording since the middle of February, so I would assume it has picked them all up. and the generic, "Graveyard Carz SE" file was last dated 07/31/2014 and it hasn't picked up and new properly labeled episodes since 04/01/2014. I may have upgraded at this time.

What log file would I edit to manually unmark the recorded epiosodes so it can try again?
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2014 at 5:31 AM
Settings -> Conversion Task -> Change -> Advanced Settings -> Expert Settings -> Trim

Make sure you're using 2.3.15 or later version (for both Trim and Series information)

To reconvert files, click on the History link on the MCEBuddy Status window (top left), select the files (Ctrl) and click reconvert.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 8/22/2014 at 4:56 PM
Aug 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM
rboy1 wrote:
Settings -> Conversion Task -> Change -> Advanced Settings -> Expert Settings -> Trim Make sure you're using 2.3.15 or later version (for both Trim and Series information) To reconvert files, click on the History link on the MCEBuddy Status window (top left), select the files (Ctrl) and click reconvert.
Okay, I found the trim settings, didn't realize they were just time offsets. I just reset the mce start/end delays zero instead, then it doesn't have to mess with trimming.

I'm using 2.4.1 BETA

The reconverting doesn't seem to want to work for me for some reason. I click on the video and then click the, "Reconvert Files" button in the lower left of the History menu, but nothing seems to happen in the MCEBuddy main screen. I waited a few minutes and then clicked the, "Rescan" button on the main MCeBuddy menu and still nothing. The computer is running idle. I only selected one file at a time.
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Clicking reconvert will make mcebuddy reconvert the files ONLY if the original files are being monitored by a monitor task. If you added them manually or the original files no longer exist it won't do anything. On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 1:52 AM, rmjohnson144
<[email removed]> wrote:
Aug 22, 2014 at 6:35 PM
I didn't make a task to monitor them. I did notice the log entries disappeared. I just looked and the recorded tv folder is empty. Does mcebuddy empty this folder when done? Otherwise, I may have emptied it myself to make room. Yeah, I probably emptied it, it is a 2tb drive and it has other folders on it that are over 1tb in size.

Can I just copy the converted file to the recorded tv folder and rescan? or does it need to be in WTV format?

Another quick question. Will adding my spare SSD to use as a temp folder speed up the conversion process? It's already on my boot SSD drive, but think it may be busy already with recording tv and/or other tasks.
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2014 at 7:13 PM
MCEBuddy will NEVER delete the files unless you've checked the Delete Original file option on the General Settings. To reconvert files or manually add files to the queue, you can just simply drag and drop the files into the Queue box. Adding a separate
hard disk for Temp usually helps when there are multiple simultaneous conversions happening. If you hard disk is fast then the incremental benefit is minimal. But you an always try it. On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 1:35 PM, rmjohnson144 <[email removed]> wrote: