This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Some channels convert slower.

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:05 AM
I notice that my Discovery and History channels record roughly at 1:1 so a 30 minute show converts in 30 minute, but the Velocity channel converts much slower up to 1:2 ratio. Sometimes a a 30 minute show takes and hour. On average it's about 1:1.5 like my hour shows take an hour and a half.

So, do some channels broadcast differently than others? If so, is there a list of encoding types to make customized conversion tables for each channel? I would think they all broadcast the same.
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2014 at 5:07 AM
Post the conversion logs links. Are they using the same codecs on all channels?

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:45 AM
rboy1 wrote:
Post the conversion logs links. Are they using the same codecs on all channels?
I am using the default setup with no changes other than filenames to show showname, episode, and season. It says it's converting to mp4 normal iirc.

Here are five logs file.

TEXT

I'm still using file dropper as I haven't been able to figure out how to upload in earlyaccess upload folder yet.
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I"m not sure where the confusion lies, it state pretty clearly in the Readme Before Posting thread:

COPY AND PASTE URL in WINDOWS EXPLORER: ftp://mcebuddy:[email removed]/upload
You can upload and download files by dragging and dropping them. Alternative you can use a FTP client like FileZilla to upload the files.

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2014 at 1:18 PM
All the shows for which you uploaded the log file appear to be recorded from the same channel so I'm not sure what you wanted us to "compare"

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Edited Aug 29, 2014 at 5:08 PM
rboy1 wrote:
I"m not sure where the confusion lies, it state pretty clearly in the Readme Before Posting thread: COPY AND PASTE URL in WINDOWS EXPLORER: ftp://mcebuddy:[email removed]/upload You can upload and download files by dragging and dropping them. Alternative you can use a FTP client like FileZilla to upload the files.
Neither of those options work. FileZilla says connection timeout, could not connect to server. Internet Explorer says page cannot be displayed. Chrome hangs too, but not sure if it's compatible.

Here's another link with 3 different logs from 3 different channels. Discovery(half speed), History(equal speed), and Velocity (double speed)
TEXT
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2014 at 5:31 PM
The server was down for an update and is running again now

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2014 at 6:05 PM
Couple of reasons why some of your videos are taking longer:
1. All Girls Garage - for some reason your hardware conversion failed here,
2014-08-29T07:02:03 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Handbrake --> Encode failed (error 4).
So it had to start over and do it via software and hence it took longer
2. Fast n Loud - here it used deinterlacing and decombing to improve the video quality which slowed it down. Some channels are interlaced and need to be interlaced. It could be possible the MCEBuddy incorrectly detected the interlace settings.

Is it possible for you to upload Original WTV files for All Girls Garage and Fast n Loud to the MCEBuddy Upload folder. We will analyze it to see if it can be further optimized.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:42 PM
I uploaded the files to the upload folder, but it accidentally went into the cmgj folder.

TEXT

let me know if you need anything else.

btw, installing filezilla gave me a virus/malware of some type. I got it from sourceforge. not sure why they are doing this, but it is annoying. It's the fake virus program that wants to charge you to remove the infection/issues on your computer. PC Utilities Pro - Optimizer Pro
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2014 at 3:58 PM
First update, with the Intel Driver (as recommended by MCEBuddy) 10.18.10.3379 it works fine there is no failure. So getting the correct driver should fix one big issue for you.

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Second issue with the interlace detection has been fixed, thanks for the sample. It'll out in the next build sometime early next week possibly. (undergoing some testing which will take a few days non stop).

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 9/9/2014 at 9:43 AM
Nov 24, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Good news, I was having network issues with my server and reinstalled windows and latest mcebuddy 2.4.1 beta. Now all of my video conversions are much faster. My 2:1 (velocity) slow video conversions are better than 1:1. 42 minute video takes less than 18 minutes to process(velocity). 43 minute video process in under 20 minutes (AMC). 45 in 15 (History). lol

This is awesomely fast now!

I also used the Intel driver update utility to install the latest version graphics driver (15.36.64.3960) for my i3-4130T CPU (HD 4400 iGPU)

Keep up the good work
-=Mark=-
Nov 24, 2014 at 7:39 PM
I was looking for more ways to speed up MCEBuddy last night and came across a post that stated the default comskip that comes with MCEBuddy is crippled and I can donate money to comskip and get the full high speed version that is two or more times faster.

Are there other ways to speed up MCEBuddy?
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2014 at 11:23 PM
The two biggest improvements that's users can do are:
  1. Use hardware quick sync encoding
  2. Use the donator version of comskip
Assuming you are using the latest builds of mcebuddy since there have been many optimization a made to the overall process as you can see above will yield the largest non user speed improvement.

There are other things you can tweak but the impact may not as significant or there may be trade offs.
  1. Use the skip remuxing option if you the donator version of comskip
  2. Use the skip copying original file option (at your risk)
Other stuff like use fast or normal profiles, reduce resolution and quality are trade offs.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 12/10/2014 at 9:58 AM