This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Unable to create UI Session process with Admin Privileges from NonUI Session

Sep 5, 2014 at 2:11 PM
I'm getting the following error several times when trying to convert files:

Unable to create UI Session process with Admin Privileges from NonUI Session. Is any user logged on?

Full logs are here:

http://goo.gl/rOzIml

I'm usually logged in via Remote Desktop or Chrome Remote Desktop (this is my home server).

It looks like this error is causing Handbrake to not use hardware acceleration? I'm using an AMD Athlon II X4 (quad core) with the on-board ATI Radeon HD 4200.

Any ideas if/how I can resolve this and use hardware acceleration?
Coordinator
Sep 6, 2014 at 3:46 PM
For future reference set the log to debug before uploading, this dones't provide much information.

Is your remote desktop (not chrome but windows remote desktop) connected ? If it times out and logs you off then you could be facing this issue.

Try this, login locally on the machine and do a test run and see what happens. Then log off locally and login using remote desktop and do a test run and see what happens.

Sep 8, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Thanks for the reply. My remote session doesn't time out because I log into it all of the time and everything is still running as I left it. I did log of out the Remote Desktop session and logged in locally and that cleared up the "Unable to create UI Session process with Admin Privileges from NonUI Session" error.

I am getting a different error when it's trying to detect Quick Sync now:

2014-09-07T13:47:37 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Handbrake --> No title found.
2014-09-07T13:47:37 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Handbrake --> HandBrake has exited.
--> Process exited with code 2
WARNING> 2014-09-07T13:47:40 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Handbrake --> Handbrake failed, non 0 return code
INFORMATION> 2014-09-07T13:47:40 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Handbrake --> QuickSync encoding supported availble -> False

I changed the logging level to debug and re-uploaded the logs to the same URL. Can you tell if my hardware does or doesn't support hardware acceleration? I'm currently using the on-board video so it wouldn't surprise if it's not supported. If it doesn't support it, would upgrading the video card fix it? Any particular model/chipset?
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2014 at 8:10 PM
The key lines are here:

2014-09-07T13:47:37 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Handbrake --> [13:47:37] OpenCL: library not available
2014-09-07T13:47:37 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Handbrake --> [13:47:37] Intel Quick Sync Video support: no

Your hardware does not support OpenCL or QuickSync.

If you're looking at new hardware you should get an Intel Chipset whihc support QuickSync for best results here. There are 3 chipsets that support quicksyn. See the Hardware FAQ for details.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 9/8/2014 at 10:53 PM
Sep 8, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Ok, thanks for your help!