This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MCEBUDDY.CONF Corrupted

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Hi

I'm running 2.4.1 0814

I added some new profiles to my MCE last night, everything saved OK.

Today I added some files to process and instead of picking up one profile the system added a load of them for each file. I stopped processing and checked the settings, about two thirds of my profiles are corrupted, the entry is still showing in the conversion task list but when I select one it reports that the entry is missing from the PROFILES.CONF file.

I've checked the profiles file and it appears to be OK but when I check the mcebuddy.conf file the details for most of the entries are missing.

I use several directories to control which profile to use and it is all of the entries for one of these directories that have corrupted the ones for the other directories appear to be OK, it was extra profiles for this directory that I added.

mcebuddy.conf
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0c_ymiNgQNJN2FNZ3o1aGJVVnM/edit?usp=sharing

profiles.conf
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0c_ymiNgQNJRnY1NkxKX29aOEU/edit?usp=sharing
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2014 at 5:52 AM
No idea how that happened, could haven't been a corruption of the file while writing back when the engine stopped.

I loaded up your files, corrected the profiles entries in mcebuddy.conf and now they're working fine.
Sep 9, 2014 at 3:58 PM
OK thanks

My first thought was that there was a limit to the number of entries, I am guessing there must be some sort of check when the file is opened based on the list of profiles at the start of the file as they are all there, just missing the options.
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Edited Jan 5, 2015 at 3:46 AM
No, it can take a lot many more entries. There may be race condition somwhere. LEt me know if it happens again and try to see if you can remember how to replicate it.