This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

wtv unprocessed and closed captions

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Hi,

I am using version 2.3.13 to test the software before donating for the latest version. I sometimes like to turn closed captions. For recordings not run through MCEBuddy, I hit info and go to the captions tab to turn on the English subtitles. After I run anything through MCEBuddy, using WTV unprocessed with commercial skip, I lose the subtitles option in media center. The tab is no longer there when I hit info. I was under the impression that WTV unprocessed left subtitles in the file, so maybe I am doing something wrong. Attached is a screen shot of the settings I am using. I have tried both with and without the Extract CC checked. When I click extract CC, I do get an .srt file and it is populated with data, but I still do not have an option to turn on subtitles on in media center.

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Wtv profile is broken in 2.3.13

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/1/2014 at 8:12 PM
Sep 13, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Does it work with the latest version, and will I get subtitles as expected? Also, is the wtv unprocessed conversion speed increased with the latest version?

Thanks for the quick reply.
Sep 16, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Okay, I am using MCEbuddy 2.4.1 and the donator version of comskip. I want to go from wtv to wtv but leave captions on the wtv file so that I can turn them on or off via the media center menu. Is this possible to do?