This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Any Title naming options?

Sep 18, 2014 at 12:13 AM
I really like the way file names are generated, but I have a problem. The program I'm using to read the file names is actually using the Title of the file. The title is found by right clicking on a file, and clicking properties, and then details. From there you can see the Title under description.

So if a file is named ....

So You Think You Can Dance-S11E10-Top 14 Perform & EliminationsPART1.mp4

The title will be .....

So You Think You Can Dance

What are the options to get the Season and Episode written in the Title just like MCEBuddy does with the Name?

Thanks,

David
Coordinator
Sep 18, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Wrote a PostCustomCommand using Atomic Parsley. Search the forum and you should be able to find it.

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2014 at 1:48 PM
See this thread on how to Write a PostCustomCommand to use Atomic Parsley to update the metadata.

https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions/406025
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 9/18/2014 at 6:48 AM
Sep 19, 2014 at 2:02 AM
Thanks for the thread to research...

The problem I'm having with customCommandPath is the "--title" switch

CustomCommandPath = "C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley.exe"
CustomCommandParameters = ""%convertedfile%" --overWrite --Title %showname%%episodename%
CustomCommandHangPeriod=0
CustomCommandCritical=false

The problem is the Name is getting changed, and not the title. I couldn't find it, but is there another switch to change the Title instead of the name?

Thanks,

David
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2014 at 2:53 AM
Your command looks messed up. I can't understand why you have 3 quotes?

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2014 at 2:58 AM
Also see the usage for atomic parsley. Title represents the show name. TVShowName also represents the show name and TVepisode represents the episode name.

Sep 19, 2014 at 3:03 AM
I took the extra quote out --

The name isn't altered now, which is good news, however the Title is now blank?

CustomCommandPath = "C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley.exe"
CustomCommandParameters = "%convertedfile%" --overWrite --Title %showname%%episodename%
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Try enclosing the Title in quotes "%showname%%episodename%"

Sep 19, 2014 at 9:31 PM
I was hoping, but there is no change. The actual title is blank.

Any other possibilities?

David
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2014 at 10:03 PM
This isn't a matter of possibilities. You need to study the working of Atomic Parlsey the ATOM's and the what application you're using.

iTunes has it's own interpretation of ATOMs and other software have their own it's not standard.
E.g. for iTunes when the STIK atom is set to TV Show it will read the TVShowName atom to get the title.
similarly other software have their own interpretations. What software are you using? does it even support atoms?

Sep 20, 2014 at 12:02 AM
I'm using MCEBuddy to convert TV shows that have been recorded from Over the Air Transmissions. They are in the WTV format, and MCEBuddy converts them to MP4.

Really, this shouldn't be very hard to do. I'm surprised it's taking this long just to get parsley to change the Title when the video is converted. I fear the documentation is geared to mp3s and not videos, and that's what's making this difficult.

David
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2014 at 1:42 AM
By documentation I assume you mean the Atomic Parsley documentation.

Not it's not that difficult. As you've seen other users have been able to do it.

To start with attach a link to upload the mcebuddy server the conversion log that shows your custom commands. Lets see what's going on.

Sep 20, 2014 at 1:55 PM
I went ahead and just uploaded the log here >>> http://personalpages.tds.net/~davidc502/MCEBuddyLog/

The show that was recorded was the biggest looser which was this morning at around 1am.

DAvid
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2014 at 2:59 PM
It isn't working because your custom command isn't running (because it isn't written correctly).

2014-09-20T01:17:59 MCEBuddy.Transcode.CustomCommand --> About to run custom command with parameters:
CustomCommandPath = c:\program files\mcebuddy2x\atomicparsley\atomicparsley.exe
CustomCommandParameters = %convertedfile% --Title %showname%%episodename% --overWrite
CustomCommandHangPeriod = 0
CustomCommandCritical = False
CustomCommandUISession = False
CustomCommandShowWindow = True
2014-09-20T01:17:59 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> Launching process c:\program files\mcebuddy2x\atomicparsley\atomicparsley.exe
2014-09-20T01:17:59 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> Process arguments C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\working0\The Biggest Loser-Episode 2 Recap.mp4 --Title The Biggest LoserEpisode 2 Recap --overWrite
2014-09-20T01:17:59 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> UI Session Admin Process : False
2014-09-20T01:17:59 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> Setting process priority to Idle
2014-09-20T01:17:59 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> AP error trying to fopen C:\Program: No such file or directory
2014-09-20T01:17:59 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> AP error trying to fopen C:\Program: No such file or directory

Why do you have ShowWindow set to true?

Plus your quotes are missing around the convertedfile and other parameters. I would suggest just use atomicparsley\atomicparsley.exe for the commandpath.

Sep 20, 2014 at 3:43 PM
The ShowWindow wasn't a part of the Custom Commands, so it was never altered by me. My guess is that's how it was set up default.

Okay,,, Change the path to atomicparsley.exe as suggested, and it's now working about as good as I can expect.

Thanks for your help, and see below for the custom command used.

CustomCommandPath = "AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley.exe"
CustomCommandParameters = "%convertedfile%" --Title "%showname%%episodename%" --overWrite
Sep 20, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Well, I spoke too soon. I thought the title was being altered, but additional tests show it's not :(

Bah...
Sep 20, 2014 at 4:01 PM
I can see the problem in the log.

Once again the command path isn't found.

2014-09-20T10:56:04 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> AP error trying to fopen C:\Program: No such file or directory
2014-09-20T10:56:04 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> AtomicParsley error: can't open C:\Program for reading: No such file or directory

This is the commandPath in the profiles.conf

CustomCommandPath = "AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley.exe"

So, I've tried both variations for the path to AtomicParsley.exe.
Sep 20, 2014 at 5:22 PM
OKay... I'm starting to think this is a MCEBuddy issue.
  1. Unistalled MCEBuddy
  2. Re-installed MCEBuddy on the E: drive under programfiles << Notice No space.
  3. Put the same commands in the profile.conf
  4. Ran a video conversion to mp4
This is the log for the custom commands. Notice the last 3 lines... It appears any name with a space in it is going to fail. Also, the "CustomCommandShowWindow = True" is not in the profile.conf, so I don't know where it's reading it from. Also, notice a single quote by the "helping hand < name of episode.

I'm thinking this is a MCEbuddy issue.

2014-09-20T12:13:24 MCEBuddy.Transcode.CustomCommand --> Custom command parameters read ->
CustomCommandPath = e:\programfiles\atomicparsley\atomicparsley.exe
CustomCommandParameters = %convertedfile%" --overWrite --title "%episodename%
2014-09-20T12:13:24 MCEBuddy.Transcode.CustomCommand --> About to run custom command with parameters:
CustomCommandPath = e:\programfiles\atomicparsley\atomicparsley.exe
2014-09-20T12:13:24 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> Launching process e:\programfiles\atomicparsley\atomicparsley.exe
2014-09-20T12:13:24 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> Process arguments E:\ProgramFiles\working0\Sea Rescue-A Helping Hand.mp4" --overWrite --title "A Helping Hand
2014-09-20T12:13:24 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> UI Session Admin Process : False
2014-09-20T12:13:24 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> Setting process priority to Idle
2014-09-20T12:13:24 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> AP error trying to fopen E:\ProgramFiles\working0\Sea: No such file or directory
2014-09-20T12:13:24 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> AP error trying to fopen E:\ProgramFiles\working0\Sea: No such file or directory
2014-09-20T12:13:24 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> AtomicParsley error: can't open E:\ProgramFiles\working0\Sea for reading: No such file or directory
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Set the ShowWindow to false

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2014 at 5:24 PM
The issue is here:

C:\Program

It's no taking the space in Program Files, post your complete log again. Your command isn't setup correctly somewhere.

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2014 at 5:28 PM

2014-09-20T12:13:24 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.Base --> Process arguments E:\ProgramFiles\working0\Sea Rescue-A Helping Hand.mp4" --overWrite --title "A Helping Hand

You're missing a quote starting your convertedfile parameter.

Just a point to note, there are many of users successfully doing what you're trying to do. Likely something isn't setup right.

Also add the line unless you want to see a window pop up each time:
CustomCommandShowWindow = False

Sep 20, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Problem solved.... It needed quotes to enclose the entire string.

This is what's working to change the Title from just the ShowName to "showname""season""episodename"

The below works.

CustomCommandPath = "E:\ProgramFiles\atomicparsley\atomicparsley.exe"
CustomCommandParameters = ""%convertedfile%" --overWrite --title "%showname%%season%%episodename%""
CustomCommandShowWindow = False

Thanks for your help rboy1 as you helped to point me in the right direction.

David