This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Move the Option of Deleting Original Files

Sep 20, 2014 at 2:32 AM
It would be nice, if moving of the "Delete Files After Conversion" went from a general setting to a setting within, the monitor folder, or the conversion.

I have multiple folders being monitored, and would like the ability to choose which folders automatically have the originals deleted, and which ones, are just left alone.
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Interest twist, usually people ask to move this within the conversion task (which isn't possible due to conflict, what is 4 conversion tasks are using the same source file and one marks it for deletion and other don't, should you delete it or not?)

However moving to Monitor tasks is an interesting concept. What happens to manually added files should one delete those or not after processing?
Sep 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Maybe break it apart, so that monitor folders have the choice of to "Delete/Archive/Nothing" and then separate manually added files to its own type of criteria. There are certain things that at least I want automated. I.E. recorded shows, go through a conversion process/comskip/metadata etc. But if I'm testing and manually add a file, maybe have it pop up, with what you would like to do with the original file. Or just a static setting. There are plenty of options, but I forgot that I had turned off my auto delete for everything, and almost filled up my drive. I turned it off, because I didn't want the originals for the group of videos I was converting to be deleted as I was in a testing phase.
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Interesting thoughts. Would be good if opened a issue ticket for this change with your thoughts and we'll look into for the next release.

Sep 21, 2014 at 5:00 AM
After some thought, I have done so. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Thanks for a wonderful product! It was some of the best money spent to keep this project alive, and be a part of the early access program!
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2014 at 5:11 AM
done
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 12/2/2014 at 10:11 PM