This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Beta Version not moving conversions to new folder

Sep 23, 2014 at 5:23 AM
Hi -

Been having a lot of random issues with the latest beta. Most recently, my basic conversions from my HTPC are not being moved to my server.

Nothing has changed within my configuration (that I'm aware of) other than new IP addresses being assigned b/c I moved and got a new router from Verizon. The computer itself can access the folders, and I have the same log in info for MCEBuddy.

This is the error I'm getting in all of the logs. (I'd upload, but can't connect to the FTP for some reason).

INFORMATION> 2014-09-22T23:46:33 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Renaming file using show information
--> Custom Renaming Command -> \%showname%\Season %season%##\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%
INFORMATION> --> Rename file to C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\working0\The Big Bang Theory - S08E01 - The Locomotion Interruption.mp4
INFORMATION> 2014-09-22T23:46:34 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Running custom commands
--> Custom Renaming Command -> \%showname%\Season %season%##\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename%
2014-09-22T23:46:34 MCEBuddy.Transcode.CustomCommand --> Custom command parameters read ->
CustomCommandPath =
CustomCommandParameters =
CustomCommandHangPeriod = 300
CustomCommandCritical = False
CustomCommandUISession = False
CustomCommandShowWindow = True
CustomCommandExitCodeCheck = False
INFORMATION> 2014-09-22T23:46:34 MCEBuddy.Transcode.CustomCommand --> No custom commands found
2014-09-22T23:46:34 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Finished custom command, file size [KB] 355,632.00
INFORMATION> 2014-09-22T23:46:34 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file to destination
INFORMATION> 2014-09-22T23:46:34 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\working0\The Big Bang Theory - S08E01 - The Locomotion Interruption.mp4 to \COKROSERVE\F DrivePool\CoKroPool\TV Series\The Big Bang Theory\Season 08\The Big Bang Theory - S08E01 - The Locomotion Interruption.mp4
ERROR> --> Unable to move file C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\working0\The Big Bang Theory - S08E01 - The Locomotion Interruption.mp4 to \COKROSERVE\F DrivePool\CoKroPool\TV Series
Error :System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
at MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob.MoveConvertedFile(String subDestinationPath, Log jobLog)
ERROR> 2014-09-22T23:46:34 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file to destination failed
INFORMATION> 2014-09-22T23:46:34 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob -->

Also, after the conversion, the files are not being moved to the Archive folder, but they are being removed from the original folder, even though I do not have "delete after conversion" checked.
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2014 at 7:07 AM
Sounds like 2 separate issues, can you start 2 different threads so we can resolve them both.

Regarding your first issue, looks like MCEBuddy isn't able to access the destination path.

I would need to see both, your mcebuddy.log and conversion log files. The server is up again, we were migrating it earlier today.
Sep 23, 2014 at 2:33 PM
Edited Sep 23, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Right. But I'm not sure why. Its the same computer, same path, and all the network user accounts are the same. The machine itself can access it. Just having trouble with the MCEBuddy access.

I uninstalled the beta and went back to 2.3.15 last night and it worked fine. No changes to anything except the version, and it was able to encode, rename, access the server to move the encoded files, and then put the originals into the archive folder.

Also can't connect to the server. Failing to retrieve directory listing in both passive and active modes on Filezilla. As soon as I can connect, I'll upload the logs.
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2014 at 3:13 AM
Thanks for reporting the server issue, it has been fixed now and should work.

Sep 26, 2014 at 7:19 PM
Hi,

I'm having the same problem regarding the converted files not being transfer to my network drive. I'm using the lastest beta version 2.4.1 and Windows 7 64bits.

Here's my 2 log files

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kzkxrgnqe2lyxo3/mcebuddy.log?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjgqb9auae8w810/The%20Chew_CJNT_2014_09_26_13_37_24.wtv-Convert%20to%20MP4-2014-09-26T14-01-59.7586502-04-00.log?dl=0

thanks
Sep 30, 2014 at 1:19 PM
no one?
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2014 at 2:22 PM
sorry, last message didn't post. The above was very helpful. Looking into it. For now the way to handle for now would be to give MCEBuddy full rights including rights to change the permissions.
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2014 at 5:56 PM
A recent change, when trying to move files on the same volume Windows does not inherit the permissions of hte destination folder. MCEBuddy tries to fix that by changing the permissions of the moved file to match the destination folder. Anyways it will be fixed in the next today.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 9/30/2014 at 9:56 AM
Oct 1, 2014 at 6:41 PM
I download the lastest beta release and it works now. Thanks so much
Oct 3, 2014 at 3:52 AM
I'm running the latest beta (09/30) and still seeing the issue....

INFORMATION> 2014-10-02T18:21:59 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file to destination
INFORMATION> 2014-10-02T18:21:59 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\working0\Teen Titans Go!_TOONPHD_2014_10_02_18_00_00.wtv to E:\Recorded TV\Teen Titans Go!_TOONPHD_2014_10_02_18_00_00.wtv
ERROR> --> Unable to move file C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\working0\Teen Titans Go!_TOONPHD_2014_10_02_18_00_00.wtv to E:\Recorded TV
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
at MCEBuddy.Util.FileIO.MoveAndInheritPermissions(String source, String destination)
at MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob.MoveConvertedFile(String subDestinationPath, Log jobLog)
ERROR> 2014-10-02T18:21:59 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file to destination failed

Both C and E are physical drives in the same machine.

It used to work without issue. Interestingly the symptom is not consistent. Some of the conversions work. I need to double-check but I suspect the issue is related to whether WMC is recording at the same time. For example the above 'Teen Titans' recording failed and WMC was recording the next kids show. The 'late show' which records at the end of the night always works.

The one other thing to note is that from File Manager it appears that WMC is setting the E:\Recorded TV\ directory to be read-only. I can drop back to 2.3.15 but I am using WTV and I think the latest version has some useful fixes in it.

Tolax
Oct 3, 2014 at 5:34 AM
I read through another ticket that you had replied to where you mentioned changing the app permissions (in essence run as Administrator I assume). I've tried that and the last three conversions have gone through without issue. I'll keep monitoring and update if it starts to fail again. Thanks Tolax
Oct 3, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Curiouser and curiouser.... WMC recorded 8 shows last night. Of those 5 worked and 3 failed with the 'Unable to Move' error. I'm only running the one WTV unprocessed/create EDL job so everything should be the same. Drive 'E' is dedicated to TV recordings and is a 3TB drive with 2.5TB free. Anyone else still struggling with this?

You mentioned something about changing volumes being the issue. Would it help if I reinstalled MCEbuddy/comskip to the same E drive?

Tolax
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2014 at 4:02 PM
What you're facing is what the other thread was facing are different issues. The other thread had issues with modifying permissions which has been fixed.

In your case MCEBuddy doesnt' have the permissions to write the files to the destination folder. Check your folder permissions.
BTW, how did you change MCEBuddy permissions to "Administrator"?
Oct 3, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. I guess my confusion is that it is not consistent. 5 tv shows process successfully. Then two have the permissions issue and then the next one works again. Somewhat stumped at the moment as normally permissions either work or they do not........

With regard to the rights issue I simply right-clicked on the executable and via the Properties menu set it to always run as an Administrator.

I might try next running it as a service. That might give it more rights. I can of course inundate you with logs if needed. :)

Tolax
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2014 at 5:09 PM
Yep service is the default way to go. Invoking as administrator as command line engine is great but as you can see even administrators have limitations.
In this case it's always hte DESTINATION folder permissions which need to be available to MCEBuddy engine.
Oct 6, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Just to update in case anyone finds this thread and is having the same issue. It made little sense to me that the permission 'failure to move' was intermittent. It almost seemed as if the file was still in use and therefore could not be overwritten. As a test I configured MCEbuddy to wait an hour before adding the file to the queue. Since making this change I have not had any issues.

PC is a 4th Gen i7 with 16GB Ran. Running WTV uncompressed.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Tolax
Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Sounds like some other software maybe locking the file (antivirus?)