This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Subtitle File Naming

Oct 16, 2014 at 2:00 PM
I utilize the "extract closed captions" feature. Is there a method for customizing the name that MCEbuddy usesthe .srt file?

I would like it to be the video file name + .eng + .srt for the purposes of Plex Media Server picking up the fact that the .srt exists. Currently Plex detects the subtitle inconsistently without the .eng (English) in the file name.

My workaround at this point is adding .eng to the video file name (shownameS01E01.eng.mp4)
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2014 at 2:15 PM
No direct way. You can write a postcustomcommand to rename the destination SRT file
Oct 16, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Thanks. I will need to look up more information about this.
Oct 17, 2014 at 6:26 PM
I just switched to Plex recently and hadn't thought of using an external srt. Thanks for the idea! Here is how I wrote my postcustomcommand and saw it work on a conversion last night.

PostCustomCommandPath="c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe"
PostCustomCommandParameters="/C ren "%srtfile%" "%Showname% (%recordyear%) - s%season%e%episode% - %episodename%.eng.srt"
PostCustomCommandHangPeriod=0
PostCustomCommandCritical=false

You'll have to make sure the format matches your video names... Also, I am finding Plex a bit picky before it picks up subtitles (it apparently doesn't like season "2014").
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 12/2/2014 at 10:12 PM