This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

WTV Profiles

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Edited Nov 21, 2014 at 11:05 PM
I read that WTV videos encoded in h264 didn't work with extenders like the Xbox in one section of the site, then read in the article 'WTV Profiles' that they now worked with extenders. Then after I tried converting a few recordings into h264 (they just presented with audio and a black screen) I went back and read more closely and found WTV files that are hardware encoded work, but software encoded ones don't. Is that because software encoded uses ffmpeg and hardware encoded uses handbrake? If so is there any way to make Handbrake be used even for software encoded h264 WTV?

I also tried unprocessed WTV - it worked, showed a picture and sound, but the videos were no longer able to be fast forwarded through on the extender (Xbox 360). When you went to fast forward it would instantly kick back to normal play speed but keep moving the time marker on the screen. *Edit: This happens in Windows Media Center on the computer as well.

This was using build 2.4.1.
Nov 22, 2014 at 5:08 AM
not aware of these issue, just the fast forward which is flaky. if you want to use handbrake, yes you can just copy the handbrake settings from the MP4 Normal profile and add
handbrake-remuxto=.wtv
at the end to change the mp4 to wtv
Nov 22, 2014 at 4:51 PM
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2078

vote to fix the issue of ff/rw