This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Unknown Season & episode handling

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Hi,
I understand that this may be a fringe case, but I was wondering if it's possible to somehow better handle custom renaming of shows that fail lookup.

Currently I use a custom renaming scheme as follows
\%showname%\Season %season%##\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename% - %network% - %recordyear%_%recordmonth%_%recordday%

This works great for the 90% of shows that the mcebuddy finds series detail for. The problem is the ones that fail end up in a folder called "Season" and have SE in their name.

I seem to recall when using the automatic rename function it dropped it in the \showname\ folder directly. Is that possible to replicate when using the custom rename?

Thanks
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2014 at 3:02 AM
Unfortunately no, that logic is hardcoded in the program. In custom rename there is no way to do this since there is no to tell MCEBuddy which letter to link to which parameter.

e.g You are using SxxEyy where as someone may use Seasonxx Episode yy or Thisxx Thatyy etc. How does one tell MCEBuddy which letters are linked to which paramter. This could apply to any paramters, e..g if the network name is emtpy or subtitle is empty et al.

If you have suggestions we will be happy to look into it.
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2014 at 3:03 AM
Actually with the latest build you shouldn't too many look up fails. Use the latest build and it'll tell you why it's failing also (bad internet connection, mismatch or website is down etc)
Nov 24, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Thanks for the super quick reply (as always!)

I figured your answer would be along those lines. I guess I can only really think of a couple of ways to solve the problem - either have a second naming convention allowed for "no match" recordings. Or pass a variable somehow to the postcustomcommand so we could run a rename script maybe?

The lookups fail due to bad data. For example one today was a show where my local provider had inserted the word "Final!" at the end of the episode name. It then failed to match. The new detail in the log is great though, very handy.
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2014 at 5:18 AM
With post custom commands you can run a batch file and test the variables, if they are empty you can write your own rename script.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 12/2/2014 at 10:18 PM