This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Mp4 and AC3

Dec 16, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Hi,
Firstly let me say great tool have been an out of the box user for long time. Seems that at one time there was a profile for mp4 and ac3 can seem to find that now.
Being fearless I created a new one, replacing the audio setting from the mkv profile in a copy of the mp4 normal profile and giving it a new name. I am using x.4.1 12-13 build.

Seems to work just fine and will work for me. Two questions. Like I said fearless but want to make sure not foolhardy. Is that the way I should do it? I went this route because I have a player that directs plays mp4's and wanted dolby sound (hdmi out to receiver) I know I could use mkv but the player can't play them natively yet Win 8.1, Moot point in Win 10. Didn't want transcoding. Am I shooting myself somewhere :) with this approach?

No 2 I assume my custom profile will be overwritten with new builds? No problem can add it back, thought I would ask.

Thanks for a great product and any help/insights provided.
Dec 16, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Yes that's the right way to do it. Nothing wrong with it at all and yes in a new build it'll be overwritten so you could either update the new builds or create a custom profiles.conf and save it somewhere (e.g. c:\custommce) and point to it in the system settings page (note but you won't get to see the newer profiles as it'll always refer to your custom file)
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 12/16/2014 at 5:51 AM
Dec 16, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Thanks!!
Awesome response time.
Dec 17, 2014 at 1:53 AM
You're welcome, write us a review :)