This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Hang Period for QSV

Jan 4, 2015 at 4:51 AM
Edited Jan 4, 2015 at 4:53 AM
Is there a way to edit the hang period for the QSV encoding process? I saw the option for the HangPeriod but it does not seem to affect the QSV encoding which is set to 120 seconds. When I run a large movie through which after conversion is about 8GB, the app thinks the process froze at 120 seconds while it is muxing but in fact its taking a long time because of the file size of the video. So it kills the process which results in a video where the first 40 minutes are fine but the remainder is not finished and does not play (just stays at the last frame)

I also tested the command through the command line calling the packaged version and the video came out fine, and i timed the time spent on the muxing command and it was about 5 minutes long.

Attached the log file HERE so you can see what I mean. MCEBuddy also thinks the conversion completed successfully so the corrupted video is not sent to the failed directory. In the log you'll see that the HangPeriod for the App is currently set to 800.
Coordinator
Jan 4, 2015 at 5:17 AM
Actually it's been hard coded to 120 seconds for hardware driver hang detection. Look for the next 2.4.2 BETA build it'll take the value from the global hang timeout.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/3/2015 at 10:17 PM
Jan 4, 2015 at 5:23 AM
Awesome thanks for the quick work