Custom Cuts Suggestion

Jan 17, 2015 at 2:28 PM
Currently (unless I'm missing it), if you open an existing EDL file you cannot add cuts anywhere before the current last cut in the EDL file. So if a commercial break was missed, you can't add a cut in the middle without deleting any other cuts passed that point. It would be helpful to be able to do this.
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2015 at 7:28 PM
Use the latest build. It was added recently

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/31/2015 at 9:44 AM
Feb 3, 2015 at 2:58 AM
OK that's great. One further request since I like to review the EDL files before processing. It would be great if I could click on a cut segment (start or end) and have the slider jump to that time stamp. This would take the time it takes me to check a EDL file from 5 minutes to around 1 minute.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2015 at 12:05 PM
Great idea. Done check out the new build of MCEBuddy. You can left click on each entry to go to the start cut and right click to go to the end cut.

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:16 PM
Good Lord, that's some seriious customer service! I'll try it out tonight!
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2015 at 6:21 PM
You're welcome - write us a review and post a message on our Facebook site :)

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:10 PM
OK, the left click to jump to the start of the cut is working, but the right click to jump to the end of the cut is not. The preview just flickers and it goes to the start of the cut just like a left click.
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2015 at 2:00 AM
That's really wierd, we found this bug during dev and fixed it but somehow it didn't get checked in. Anyways refixed it and the new build is up for testing.

Thanks for reporting.

Apr 17, 2015 at 3:12 PM
Loving this feature, the ability to left or right click to the start or stop point is a huge time saver. I will add one more extension suggestion to this feature: rather than deleting an entire segment and recreating it (start and stop time), can we have a feature to simply update a start or stop time? Often I find that the stop time needs to be adjusted slightly, to do so I need to delete the entire segment, set the start point (which was already good and did not need adjustment), then go find the end point again and set that. Frustrating that to adjust 1 bad point you lose the 1 good point. Depending on your UI code, and update to the highlighted cut's start or stop time may be very easy.