This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Renaming question

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:07 AM
Edited Feb 12, 2015 at 12:11 AM
I am new to MCEBuddy and I have it converting files perfectly but I have a couple questions that I can't seem to find an answer in the WIKI. I have quite a few files which do not have Metadata and are incorrectly named, but the directory they are in are named correctly, it looks like I should be able to use a custom command, I would like to be able to rename the file to the name of the directory but I do not know where to start.

Also it would also work if I could maintain the existing directory structure in the conversion directory.

Any help would be appreciated.
Feb 12, 2015 at 4:30 AM
So you want the file to have the same name as the directory?

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:51 PM
Yes, either that or the same name with the same directory structure.

Original file: c:\test1\show1.S01E01\xxxx.mkv

Transcoded File c:\finished files\show1.S01E01.mp4

or

c:\finished files\show1.S01E01\xxxx.mp4

either one will work for what I am looking for, then SONARR will work with the file from that point.
Feb 12, 2015 at 7:56 PM
If you want the original file name use the %originalfilename% command in your custom rename command. Either way looks like custom rename is your solution. See the docs for details on how to use it

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 2/12/2015 at 5:48 PM
Feb 12, 2015 at 8:17 PM
I see the section in the Docs but i am still confused, I assume I use the following commands.

CustomCommandPath=<Full Path/Relative of the executable>

CustomCommandParameters=<Optional parameters to be passed - see below for list>

CustomCommandHangPeriod=<0 or +ve number>

CustomCommandCritical=<true or false>

Questions:
  1. Where do I put these, in the Profile?
  2. For the first one I am not understanding what they need, "full path" for what?
  3. I see the optional parameters but I do not see what or how to combine them to accomplish what I need.
Sorry for the confusion, I am just not getting it.
Feb 12, 2015 at 8:35 PM
you're looking at the wrong section, look at the section for custom rename (not custom commands)

Feb 12, 2015 at 8:45 PM
OK, I see the Custom Rename section but I do not see any parameters that reference the Directory, I can use the %originalfilename% command but that still does not get the information of the directory, since I want to rename the file to the directory or have the converted file save to the original directory name, since the file does not have any MetaData to read that info from I am not sure where to get that info from.
Feb 12, 2015 at 10:00 PM
there is no way to get the directory name. If you want the converted file to remain in the original directory just leave the destination directory in the conversion settings empty and use a custom rename pattern to name the file (or turn off renaming all together to keep the original filename).

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 2/12/2015 at 5:48 PM
Feb 13, 2015 at 1:27 AM
Thank you for your assistance, I just decided to write a script to execute from SAB to rename the original file after it is downloaded and before I convert it with MCEBuddy.