This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't figure out how to filter and convert Sports games (for Plex)

Apr 19, 2015 at 4:00 PM
I've had MCEBuddy setup for awhile now and use it to convert my WTV recorded TV to MP4 for streaming with Plex. I'm currently running v 2.4 beta2

I'm using MCEBuddy to strip commercials and convert my TV Shows and Movies to their own Plex-friendly folders but my attempts to filter sports games so they appear in their own folder is not working. My "Sports" folder contains my sports games but also duplicates of some (but not all) of my recorded TV shows and Movies that also appear in their own folders.

In my conversion tasks settings, I have:

Rename and sort by video information - checked
Organize by seasons - checked

Selection Filters>ShowType - set to "Sports"

At one time I had tried setting up custom renaming but that produced the same result I am seeing now.

I'm sure this is user error, but I would be grateful for any help getting this setup correctly.

Cheers,

Ben
Apr 19, 2015 at 6:07 PM
I struggled with this too, but Roy helped me out back channel awhile ago while Codeplex was down.

I have my profile set to separate sports shows into a folder called "Sports", movies into "Movies" and TV shows into "recorded_TV". The TV shows go into folders names for the show ie all episodes of Grimm go into Recorded_TV\Grimm\

Under conversation tasks advanced "Enable custom file renaming" and put your custom sting in the box below. Here's mine which should at least give you a good example to start with.

%ismovie%<\Movies\%showname% (%airyear%),%issport%<\Sports\%showname%.%episodename%.%recordyear%-%recordmonth%-%recordday%,\Recorded_TV\%showname%\%showname%.S%season%##E%episode%##.%episodename%>>
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 4/28/2015 at 12:34 PM
Apr 19, 2015 at 6:54 PM
Snagglewest,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Right now I have three separate conversion tasks setup. Aside from not having "organize by seasons" selected for the Movies task, all three of my conversion tasks are identical except that I'm trying to use the Show Type drop down box to identify each program (Movies, Shows, Sports are all selected to match the task). Isn't this supposed to accomplish what I am after?

I'd really like to know if this is supposed to work (but isn't for me for some reason), or if I have something setup incorrectly.
Apr 19, 2015 at 7:21 PM
Edited Apr 19, 2015 at 7:23 PM
I don't think you want "force type" I just leave it on the default. I have one main conversion task with the "renaming" I gave you. My "destination" is set to my recordings folder called "Recorded". From there the conversion decides were to put the recording depending on wither it's sports, movie or TV shows and then dumps it into the correct folder. For sports and movies I just dump them into a folder named "sports" or Movies". TV shows get dumped into "Recorded_TV" by show in their own folder. I don't do Season folders, but you could by adding

\Recorded_TV\%showname%\%season%\%showname%.S%season%##E%episode%##.%episodename%

My renaming is involved, but I found you can use the box to debug small pieces, it'll show you what you will get for a name underneath so I did small pieces to get my naming right and then stung them together to do all 3, movies, sports and TV in one conversion task.