This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Banner files and Cache

May 10, 2015 at 3:14 PM
I'm using MCEBuddy to convert several episodes of the same series, as well as download metadata for each, and am using the filename to lookup info in format <showname>_<imdbid>.avi. <imdbid> is the episode ID. I am having a problem with the banner/thumbnail image. The first conversion places the correct image in the destination directory as well as embedding the correct image in the MP4. All subsequent conversions use the image from the first one, apparently located in the cache folder. The URLs referenced in both the logfiles and NFO files are pointing to the correct file for each conversion but don't appear to be updating the cache.
Coordinator
May 10, 2015 at 5:19 PM
Can you please upload the log files to understand the difference between the conversions

May 10, 2015 at 6:52 PM
I uploaded the files to the FTP site
LOGS

Thanks
Coordinator
May 11, 2015 at 5:35 PM
Okay I see what's going on. By default to keep things consistent and save bandwidth (there are many users using mcebuddy over dialup across the world) mcebuddy only downloads the cover art once. usually that's the same file so the cover art for a series should be the same. In your case since you're using imbd id's for each episode the cover art is different for each episode.

Question to you - won't it be confusing to have different cover art for each episode? Would you want a single cover art for ALL episiodes of the same series?
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 5/13/2015 at 10:14 AM
May 11, 2015 at 10:42 PM
I'm still in the process of preparing my files to play properly thru Plex. The source content is a lot of older stuff in various formats as well as newer Recorded TV content from MCE, so I'm not bound to any specific layout right now. I'm just trying to learn the tools and try to figure out my processes.

I probably wouldn't have even got hung up on the cover art but the very first one downloaded and stored in the cache folder was a totally non-sensical representation of the series. When I saw that on all my files I thought something was wrong and began trying to figure out where the problem might be. That led me to the differences in the episode-specific URL and the local cache file referenced in the logs.

Anyway, now that I understand everything is working as it should, I can just put a generic file that accurately represents the series in the Cache folder.

Thanks for your help.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 5/13/2015 at 10:14 AM
Coordinator
May 12, 2015 at 6:09 AM
Yep that's the manual override. You catch on quick!

Keep the feedback coming