This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

How do I move certain TV shows to certain folders after conversion?

May 20, 2015 at 9:32 PM
Hi guys - I recently donated and am using 2.4.1. Thank you for making such a great program.

My question is as the title says. I would like to convert certain TV shows and have them saved in certain folders, with the rest of my TV shows going into my main TV shows folder.

My goal = remove all the trashy TV my significant other watches out of my folder. For example, can I make a conversion conditional on a file name (i.e. any files that contain the name "Kartrashians"), and then convert that file, and save it to a trash TV folder so that I never have to see it? It would make me so happy. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.
May 21, 2015 at 2:29 PM
Bump, anyone? Thanks.
May 21, 2015 at 3:44 PM
Edited May 22, 2015 at 7:49 AM
Create separate conversion tasks for different shows using the showname filters and put them in different destination directories.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 5/21/2015 at 11:49 PM
May 26, 2015 at 2:31 PM
Edited May 28, 2015 at 3:40 PM
After a bit of back and forth, I finally got this working. Thanks! You have to make sure the file name is EXACT and STARTS with, not just contains the words (i.e. a lot of shows start with "The" and you need to type that in and not just the shows name).

Another question - is it possible to save the same file to 2 different directories after the commercials have been cut and the file is encoded. For example, say each member of my family has their own folder. Can I save an episode that gets recorded in WMC into 3 different folders at the same time after 1 encode? That way each person can manage their own files (i.e. if I watch something I can delete the episode when Im done, but it will still be in the other folders for people that still have to watch it). Is there a way to do this?
May 28, 2015 at 3:39 PM
Bump. Anyone?
Jun 1, 2015 at 9:55 PM
Guys is this not possible? Can a mod please respond? Thanks.
Jun 1, 2015 at 10:17 PM
Use the PostCustomCommand to run batch file that copies the converted file into the required directories.