This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Downloaded meta data from file name - Show_S01E01.avi

Jun 13, 2015 at 4:10 AM
Enhancement #39 Added support to download information using season and episode no for IMDB, TMDB, TV.com and TVDB. This is useful for PlayLater client which don’t have air date or subtitle information

Does this mean if I have a file like "Happy Days_S02E12.avi" It will go out and find Happy Days and download the metadata for S2 E12

I've tried the following

Happy Days_S02E12.avi
Happy Days_tt0070992_S02E12.avi

Maybe I've just misunderstood, I thought they workings above would be what this enhancement meant. but I'm guessing I'm wrong?

Like when netflix release all shows for a season in a single day....how to convert properly from avi, mkv, etc files

Could this be a possible enhancement?

Thanks for the continuing amazing work.

Eric
Jun 15, 2015 at 6:22 PM
Sorry missed this, not it doesn't read the seasons from the title yet but with playlater MP4 files it extracts the metadata from the MP4 containers (atoms). Is that not working for you?

What are these other formats you mentioned?
Jun 17, 2015 at 3:54 AM
Darn I was hoping that is what the enhancement meant and I just wasn't doing it correctly. My workaround is to have MCEBUDDY convert the file....let it import it into itunes and then add the season and episode #'s there.

Then I copy it back to my MP4 process directory from MCEBUDDY and it then sees the Show, season, and episode data and gets the correct metadata.

For shows like Orange is the New Black where all the shows come out the same day...and downloads from other sources just have the information in the title. No metadata.

This work around seems to work.....unless you know of an easier way to do it when you download a seasons worth of shows that are just names Show_SXXEXX.avi mkv mp4, etc

Eric
Jun 17, 2015 at 4:19 AM
Well you can update the mp4 metadata before the metadata is read using the appropriate custom command. Write a batch script to extract the metadata from the filename and then call atomic parsley on the mp4 file to update the season and episode metadata. Then use the precustomcommand to run the batch script. Now mcebuddy will extract the information and download the appropriate information.

Jun 17, 2015 at 5:08 AM
Let me clarify my question - the formats you posted
Happy Days_S02E12.avi
Happy Days_tt0070992_S02E12.avi
Are these standard PlayLater formats or something you've come up with?
Jun 17, 2015 at 11:51 AM
They are torrent files :) The naming structure above is what I've been renaming them to attempt to get MCEBUDDY to recognize them.

The actual files look like this
Orange.is.the.New.Black.S03E11.WEBRip.XviD-EVO.avi
proof.us.s01e01.hdtv.x264-batv.avi
Silicon.Valley.S02E09.HDTV.x264-ASAP.mp4

So the file names contain . periods and other data as well. I've been trying to clean them up before processing them

Orange is the New Black_S03E11.avi
proof_s01e01.avi
Silicon Valley_S02E09..mp4

I see where you are going with this. I've done Post commands but never any Pre commands.

The automicparlsey part I'm fine with...but the extracting the information for the Show, Season, and Episode from the title, I'm not sure where to start :) Does anyone out there do anything similar that? Can you share your steps?
Jun 17, 2015 at 3:23 PM
Regex would be your best approach.

Adding support for reading filenames is not the issue however agreeing on a standard or identifying common standards is the challenge :)