This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Renaming

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:54 PM
Hello,
I donated for MCEBuddy and Comskip, and so far I've been pretty pleased, thanks for all the work you've put in.

My current workflow, is:
  • WMC records OTA TV,
  • MCEBuddy reencodes to an MP4.
  • RIchCopy moves the file(s) to my server running plex.
  • WTV-Metarenamer moves the original file at the end if the week to a different hard drive where I store the entire season, and at the end of the season I plan on doing a high quality reencode, backing up the entire season to BluRay Disc.
But I have a few episodes where MCEBuddy doesn't seem find the files on the TVDB. I added and updated the TVDB myself for these episodes. I can use WTV-Metarenamer to select the correct name, e.g. S05E09 - SeriesName - *.mp4, but even running it through WTV-metarenamer then readding it to MCEbuddy, it still names it: SeriesName - EpisodeName.mp4 which seems to be just tooo much for plex to handle.

To troubleshoot it a little more, I moved an original file, without running through the WTV-metarenamer to get the correct tag, into Plex, Plex will recognize it. It doesn't get the title, date, etc. But it will at least acknowledge that there is a file there, and that I can watch the file. When MCEBuddy moves the file there, Plex will not see the file at all, as if there is nothing in the folder. When I look into the folder in explorer though I see that it is there.

I have selected the option to download the data, and organize it by seasons in MCEbuddy. Is there a better way I can do this such that even if MCEbuddy doesn't find the correct file, I will keep a format that will make enough sense to Plex to find it?

Also, this is secondary, I get the subtitle lag/shift after comskip works. Right now I'm using 2.4.2. Would moving to 2.4.3 help this out? I chose 2.4.2 because I looked more stable, as there were frequent updates on 2.4.3, so I didn't know how often it was prone to breaking something. I did briefly look at the documentation regarding the shift, but I haven't had a lot of time to figure out how much time to shift the subtitles.

Thanks again
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2015 at 7:10 PM
Can you cut 5MB of the WTV file Using the file splitter on the server and upload it. Will try to fix the issue with the renaming.
Working on a similar issue someone else reported as an enhancement .

For the second one use the subtitle adjustment option in system setting. It's meant to take care of this issue. (Progressive shifting). If it's a one time shift then just use the subtitle offset on the conversion task expert settings.

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2015 at 12:31 AM
Okay see this issue for something related to your first issue.

https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/workitem/2811

Download the latest 2.4.3 BETA build from today, we've put a patch to resolve this issue. Let us know if it works.
Coordinator
Sep 14, 2015 at 9:48 PM
Were you able to do this?
Sep 19, 2015 at 6:46 PM
Sorry,
I have been away from my home.

However, before I left, I did update MCEBuddy to 2.4.3 beta. So far, it seems that many of the shows that don't get renamed, are being recognized in Plex now after they are moved to my server. Before, when they would be moved to the server, they wouldn't be recognized by Plex at all. Once I'm back at home I will actually be able to see all the files recorded and see which, if any, aren't being seen by Plex.

Thanks again
Sep 23, 2015 at 2:06 PM
Hello,

Just an update, and a new question. I figured I would post on here, since it is kinda the same issue.

So, For the most part, using 2.4.3 seems to have resolved some of my issues. But, I have several shows that do not seem to get any metadata from the Station. It gives a name, name, but that is it. I go in and manually run it through WTV-metaranamer, which renames it something like %nameOfSeries -%S99E99 -%nameOfShow.

Running through that file through MCEbuddy to convert it, MCE buddy can't find any metadata (from either the original file or after it has been run through WTV-metarenamer), MCEbuddy renames the show back to %nameOfSeries %recordingDate.

I figure there is very little I can do about this? Just looking for any ideas you might have, or experience?

If I set MCEbuddy to keep the original name, it seems like might be a bad idea because the original file once recorded from WMC comes in a format like %showName%StationID%recordingDate%time.wtv , so mcebuddy at least renames these file to something better.

Is there an alternative to manually changing these particular files after MCEbuddy converts them? Would setting up another "profile" work for something like this? I didn't investigate it too much.

Also, on the convert, it seems that MCEbuddy is cuttin off the first 30s or 1 minute, of shows. Like the Introduction, where theme song is played etc. I haven't tried without using Comskip yet, do is there a way to get it to record more a little bit more of the intro?

Thanks again.
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2015 at 4:34 PM
So you want it to keep %name% S99E99 etc? If so please upload a copy of your conversion log it should recognize the S99 and E99 and retaint that.

For the 30s cutting, see the sticky thread which addresses it.

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:14 PM
I had tried following the sticky previously, when I was using 2.4.2, but didn't after I switched to 2.4.3 beta, I thought it might make a difference, but it didn't. I was still having the same problem.

I figured out that it wasn't MCEbuddy, it appears to be Comskip. I changed the MCEbuddy settings to only detect commercials, and then add a chapter to them, and when I did that, MCEbuddy re-encoded the entire video, from the start to the end. Now I just need to try to adjust it so that I can get all the video encoded without losing the initial parts.

Going to try to readjust using the logs as well.
Thanks again.
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2015 at 10:50 PM
You mean the initial 5 seconds or something else?

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:24 PM
So most of the shows are from PBS, so there aren't many commercials in the main part of the show. They are typically of the format:
1st minute - Intro and credits
45 seconds - one or two short commercials
28 minutes - full program

MCEbuddy doesn't seem to recognize the first minute or so of the program. It would start transcoding at the "full program", usually a few seconds late. However, removing the -ss 5 from [profile|mcebuddy].conf did seem to help it start on time occasionally, but not on time from "Intro and Credits", only from the "full program", but only on one episode, so I'm still testing.

What really makes it problematic is that in that first minute of "intro and credits", they usually show the Episode/Season number. If the show is listed wrong in the TVDB, or mcebuddy can't find the show, I can watch the first minute and see the season/episode number, without having to search for the WTV archives and quickly rename it manually.

By disabling Comskip, MCEbuddy now reencodes from the moment WMC started recording, and will place a single chapter on the commercials listed between the 1st minute and full program.

So I'm still troubleshooting to find where the problem is. It looks like comskip recognizes the beginning and the end of the program, as well as the commercials. Because when I tell comskip to only list the commercials, MCEbuddy simply reencodes the entire program, including the any segments of shows before/after that might be part of the program (I have WMC set to record for 1 minute before and 1 minute after the target show). But when Comskip cuts commercials, it cuts off at the end of the program, and the beginning. But the problems obviously is that at the beginning, it is cutting off that first minute, which really makes it inconvenient sometimes when you want to see the beginning. ( sorry if this is long and drawn out, I'm kind of trying to figure out myself exactly what else I might do to see about fixing it.)
Coordinator
Sep 26, 2015 at 5:14 PM
you can configure comskip using the INI editor included to not cut the first few minutes (i.e. skip detection).

Also mcebuddy.conf the remux section also skips a few seconds (-ss)