This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is there a way to save my previous settings when upgrading?

Sep 23, 2015 at 3:17 PM
Edited Sep 23, 2015 at 3:18 PM
As the title says. I have a couple of tasks setup in MCEBuddy for different conversions & different destination folders.

I'd like to upgrade to the latest version of MCEBuddy but still retain these settings and not have to go input all the data again. How would I do this?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2015 at 4:31 PM
Search the forum and release notes please this has been documented and answered (recently)

Sep 23, 2015 at 5:40 PM
I was wondering the same exact thing MCEEmummel. Nothing more frustrating to have to add all of your custom entries after upgrading.....
Sep 23, 2015 at 6:40 PM
I use Revo Uninstaller for removing programs to make sure no junk files are left behind.

Do we just install the new .exe over the existing program without remove it first?
Sep 23, 2015 at 6:41 PM
ServiceXp wrote:
I was wondering the same exact thing MCEEmummel. Nothing more frustrating to have to add all of your custom entries after upgrading.....
FYI:

NOTES ON UPGRADING (UNINSTALLING/REINSTALLING) FROM OLDER VERSIONS
If your CURRENT installed version is 2.2.3 or newer MCEBuddy preserves the History file and transfers the settings from your MCEBuddy.conf while uninstalling/reinstalling. MCEBuddy also backsup the configuration files (mcebuddy.conf and profiles.conf) as a safety measure. The files are placed in the installation directory with an “.old” extension. PLEASE DO NOT BLINDLY REPLACE THE NEW CONFIGURATION FILES WITH THE OLD FILES AS PARAMETERS IN THE NEW FILES ARE ADDED/UPDATED WITH REACH RELEASE.
If your CURRENT installed version is 2.2.6 or newer MCEBuddy preserves the Comskip.ini file restores the file while uninstalling/reinstalling. (as of 2.3.1 it is restored as comskip.ini.old)
If your CURRENT installed version is 2.2.1 or older then you need to manually backup and restore the coniguration files (mcebuddy.conf and profiles.conf) if you wish to preserve your settings. PLEASE DO NOT BLINDLY REPLACE THE NEW CONFIGURATION FILES WITH THE OLD FILES AS PARAMETERS IN THE NEW FILES ARE ADDED/UPDATED WITH REACH RELEASE.
If you CURRENT installed version is 2.1.5 or older, if you would like to MCEBuddy NOT to re-convert all your files again, make a backup copy of the History file in the config directory (C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy\config\History) before uninstalling the old version and restore it back there after installing the new version.
If you CURRENT installed version is 2.1.5 or older, delete the MCEBuddy installation directory C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy after uninstalling MCEBuddy and before installing the new version
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/15/2015 at 2:30 AM