This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

PreCustomCommand and %convertedfile%

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:03 PM
I would like to create a custom command that determines prior to comskip/conversion if the renamed destination already exists; and, if so, deletes the original file (preventing conversion from actually taking place). From reading the documentation, it appears that PreCustomCommand is what I'm looking for since metadata has been extracted but no "work" has been done. But it doesn't look like %convertedfile% is going to contain the ultimate filename. The documentation states it will be the name of the "converted file for PreCustom". Is there any way to get the result of the renaming step at this point (i.e., in my case the 'series - SxxEyy.mkv' name)? Thanks.
Sep 30, 2015 at 10:21 PM
Why the round about?

You can check the option to skip reprocessing in expert settings and if you've checked delete original then it achieve what you want to do.

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:33 PM
rboy1 wrote:
Why the round about? You can check the option to skip reprocessing in expert settings and if you've checked delete original then it achieve what you want to do.
I'm not sure it will do exactly what I want it to. Here's the real scenario I'm working with: some of my episodes are OTA recordings from Windows Media Center and some are automatic downloads. The way I have things set up, is that when an OTA recording starts, that episode is no longer monitored by the download client to prevent downloading something that I can record. If a recording gets missed for some reason (power outage, not enough tuners, etc), then the download client will grab the episode.

But, there are rare instances where, because of time zones or such, that an episode gets downloaded before it actually airs where I am. I can't prevent Windows Media Center from recording it, but I was hoping to be able to prevent MCEBuddy from taking the time (and CPU) to process the episode and just skip and delete it. So my PreCustomCommand would do something like: check my TV shows folder for the episode that MCEBuddy will produce, if it doesn't exist, let MCEBuddy continue; if it does, delete the source file causing MCEBuddy to abort the current episode. Perhaps that clears up what I'm trying to do?
Sep 30, 2015 at 10:42 PM
Okay so updated it, in the latest build: you get the destination filename:
(v2.4.3+ expected destination filename for PreCommercialRemovalCustom and PreCustom)
Sep 30, 2015 at 11:19 PM
That's what the above option does. It checks if the destination file exists based on expected file name and if so it skips the conversion marking it a success. If you've checked delete original then it will delete the original files for all successful conversions.

Anyways you have two options now. Use the latest build to get the expected converted file name in precustomcommand

Oct 1, 2015 at 3:09 PM
rboy1 wrote:
That's what the above option does. It checks if the destination file exists based on expected file name and if so it skips the conversion marking it a success. If you've checked delete original then it will delete the original files for all successful conversions. Anyways you have two options now. Use the latest build to get the expected converted file name in precustomcommand
Thanks for the quick solution. I'll give it a go.