This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Feature Request (Adjustable GUI Windows - With Size and Position Memory)

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:02 PM
With my growing list of different conversion tasks (List is getting a bit long) it would make it much easier to navigate through the GUI if the windows size and position were adjustable.
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2015 at 8:43 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/28/2015 at 1:44 PM
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2015 at 8:45 PM
This feature has been implemented, the Height of the Settings window is adjustable to increase the height of the conversion task list. Width cannot be made adjustable as it'll mess up the layout.

10/28/15 2.4.3 BETA build
Oct 28, 2015 at 10:17 PM
Awesome, Thank You.
Oct 28, 2015 at 10:53 PM
Could I request 2 augmentations?

1) Windows size and position memory. (You could write the cords to registry I guess)
2) Tasks Advanced Settings window memory. I'm always in the Advanced Settings so it would be great if it would remember to fully open automatically.
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2015 at 11:07 PM
1. No - there is a danger of ending up in dead positions in the screen when resolutions are changed don't want to mess with it.
2. Technical issues. Cannot use any registry entries as this is a portable GUI and can run from a disk - which can be read only hence the problem

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:27 PM
1) understood, I will say that I've personally not run into that problem in my own programming, but I understand your concerns nonetheless.
2) understood also... you don't have to use the registry, you could use the existing conf. file to record the advanced setting value, but maybe more trouble then it's worth.
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2015 at 11:42 PM
actually yes it'll get overly complicated, since the conf file is managed through the engine and not GUI. This done to maintain a split architecture and enable running the remote GUI app without installation from a USB stick and enable multiple instance of the GUI connecting to multiple engines. So even if one writes it back to the conf through the engine it won't be per instance of the GUI.

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:47 PM
I had a feeling it would be.. Can't blame a guy for trying... :-)

I do really like the much needed vertical room you provided with the latest build.. Thank You!.
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2015 at 1:22 AM
not at all, open to ideas, that's how we got here in the first place .Thanks for bringing it up.