This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

converting SD DVR files to wtv

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:48 AM
I'm converting files from the Silicon Dust .mpg format to wtv, using a copy profile. (Essentially, I just want metadata re-written) and the resulting files work ok for playing directly in WMC on Win7, but crash ServerWMC when it tries to re-mux the files (but the crash appears reading metadata) and hangs VideoReDo when it tries to open one.

I also notice info that's available in the original metadata isn't present in the resulting file (at least according to WMC) it gets the title, runtime and synopsis right, but fails on the channel recorded and date/time of recording. (both blank)

This is happening with the 2.4.3 beta.

Thanks,
Mike
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2015 at 5:09 PM
Mike the crash I can't explain that's upto the software. Also note that WTV is a proprietary closed format so it doesn't ensure full interoperability.

As for the metadata, MCEbuddy writes the Channel into WM/MediaStationName and Recorded Date/time to WM/WMRVEncodeTime if they are extracted from the original metadata. You can see this in the logs as well. If there are any other tags which is being referred to let me know and we add those too.

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:12 PM
Hey. I wasn't sure of the procedure around here, so I created an issue for this too. I added info there, the ServerWMC guy examined
a converted file and says it's got a .dvr-ms header, not a .wtv header. Is there some way for me to put you guys in touch with each other?

Maybe he has some info on the .wtv format he can share with you.

Thanks,
Mike
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2015 at 6:50 PM
Sure Mike he can reach us at our gMail address [email removed]