This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Converting Series Issue - Perhaps Duplicate Name

Nov 12, 2015 at 7:18 AM
I record "The View" every day and have been converting it via MCEBuddy - in case I don't watch it. I don't check the target directory often, but I recently did and found only a single file in there. Ran some tests and it seems like suddenly when it converts the show, rather than saving it with a full name or date the way it always did, it is not just saving it as "The View - The View". So, what's in my target directory is just a single file - the most recent day.

I posted this under "Issues", but maybe I should have listed it here. The log file for the two most recent days are attached there. Please see if I'm right and what a possible solution would be.

I should add that I record numerous daily shows, and this is the ONLY one I'm having problems with. And, in my Recorded TV directory, the names are still there as long-form. In fact, the Log files still have the long name.
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2015 at 5:55 PM
That's because the metadata (from the logs as you see) shows that the title and subtitle are the same in the WTV file, the episode is always 0 (not available online) so it assumes it's the same episode being process over and over again.

It's your EPG metadata issue. To avoid overwriting select the option in the Expert Settings page of your conversion task to create unique filenames and avoid overwriting

Nov 13, 2015 at 7:14 AM
OK, so I tried reconverting the files and they all worked. New (minor) issue – now everything just goes into the sync folder rather than the individual show folders. Is there a way to do it all, or is this it?

Also, I have a feeling that there has been weak or intermittent Internet issues with this computer – could that have been the reason the EPG failed and we just got “The View – The View” rather than the full name of each episode?
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2015 at 1:13 PM
What do you mean everything goes into sync folder? Each task has its own designation folder. There is no sync folder

Nov 13, 2015 at 11:58 PM
What I meant is it that now all shows go into one big folder – before, every show went into a folder named after each show automatically. Maybe I changed the wrong thing. I went to the MCBuddy, clicked Settings, then clicked on the Conversion Tasks, then Advanced Settings, and then unchecked Rename and sort by video information. Maybe I should have gone to Expert Settings and unclicked Download Information Correction. And perhaps unclicked Add Information.
Let me know – I can try that....
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2015 at 1:01 AM
If you've unchecked rename and sort it won't create sub folders. Check your settings again

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:37 AM
Yeah, as I said, that solved the renaming problem, but I think I did the wrong thing.
You had said: “To avoid overwriting select the option in the Expert Settings page of your conversion task to create unique filenames and avoid overwriting
I don’t see that option. Do you mean to uncheck Download Information Correction under “Media Information Management”? Or maybe I’m using a different version than you. I’m using MCBuddy 2.4 Release 1
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2015 at 2:55 AM
Expert Settings page at the bottom -> Don't overwrite files.

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:12 AM
So, by undoing what I had done (Settings, Conversion Tasks, Advanced Settings, and unchecked Rename and sort by video information) and doing what you suggested (Expert Settings, Don’t overwrite files), the files are now going into the show subfolder, which is great. But they are renaming to just a generic “The View – The View”, “The View – The View (1)”, etc. etc.
Is there a way to keep it from changing the MCE assigned name while still putting it in the subfolder for the appropriate show?
Coordinator
Nov 16, 2015 at 12:43 AM
Use the custom rename option and use the original filename (refer to documentation for parameters)