This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

PlayOn v4

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:00 AM
With PlayOn v4 they integrated Playlater along with a number of other changes. One of those changes was to do away with their own semi-native format.

I'm looking to use the results of the AdSkip feature to cut files and post them for conviction via Plex. I know that prior versions had support for Playlater, but I believe that was only PLs.

Does beta 3 support skipping commercials recorded with PlayOn v4 using the results of AdSkip? If not do you know where the results of AdSkip are located in this new version? If I can parse the results I could convert them into a format consumable by Mcebuddy and share the script.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2015 at 3:15 AM
Sorry you lost me.

Coordinator
Nov 13, 2015 at 3:16 AM
Who's new version? Who's ad skip?

Jan 24, 2016 at 9:26 AM
rboy1 wrote:
Who's new version? Who's ad skip?
He is referring to PlayOn with ad-skip. https://www.playon.tv/features/adskip

The files do not have .edl files (that I can see), but when I play the files in VLC, there appears to be chapter markers (I believe). If I hover over the timeline where the show is playing, it says "Video". When you hover over a section for the ad, it has "Advertisement". So these markers could be used to skip comskip processing, or at least that is the question, I believe. So far, the commercial detection appears to be accurate from the shows I've recorded.

His second question is clearly for PlayOnTV support, not for here.
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2016 at 1:44 PM
Play on with ad skip support also exists within MCeBuddy. It automatically extracts the chapters named advertisements and converts them to Edl files

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:33 PM
rboy1 wrote:
Play on with ad skip support also exists within MCeBuddy. It automatically extracts the chapters named advertisements and converts them to Edl files
It still does a pass with comskip (well, I had comskip enabled as I didn't think 'none' would remove any ads even if playon marked chapters). On free comskip in MCEBuddy, it was north of an hour for a half hour show. When I got comskip donator, it was 2m30s. It missed one of the commercials that was over 10 minutes long. I've edited a setting from 600 to 780, so I expect next time it will catch it.

Unless I should use a different setting than comskip when processing Playon files so that the advertisement chapters are removed as marked.
Coordinator
Jan 25, 2016 at 11:57 AM
Upload the playon file to the mcebuddy server which has advertisement chapters and comskip still runs. We'll check it out

Jan 26, 2016 at 5:07 AM
rboy1 wrote:
Upload the playon file to the mcebuddy server which has advertisement chapters and comskip still runs. We'll check it out
/UPLOAD/discussion647489
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2016 at 6:47 AM
Have you checked the option to Check chapters for Ad Markets in the Expert Settings page?

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:45 PM
rboy1 wrote:
Have you checked the option to Check chapters for Ad Markets in the Expert Settings page?
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I don't think I noticed that setting, so if it's not enabled by default, I didn't enable it manually. My ESXi hosting this VM is currently getting repaired due to failed RAID card, so I can't 100% verify at the moment, but I can say if its not on by default, it's safe to say that is why it didn't remove them. You can hold off on any further investigation until I can get things installed on another PC this week and try it again.

Does it incur a noticeable processing penalty if you were to enable it by default? Or its just so rare and potentially disruptive, it should only be enabled as needed?

Thanks
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2016 at 8:24 PM
Neither. It's a new feature so to avoid issues we're letting folks just use it and we'll make it default on if no major adverse effects are reported. It's pretty straight forward so we don't expect it. Just precautionary. Maybe from the next BETA build we will enable it.

So far 0 adverse reports. Just one point a user raised. He happened to get a recording without any chapter markers and mCEBuddy ran comskip instead. He didn't want Comskip to run.

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2016 at 12:12 AM
Done in the next build, Ad markers processing is on by default.