This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is it possible to breakup processing between machines on the same file

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:08 AM
Edited Nov 19, 2015 at 12:08 AM
Following up on my Q https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions/646502 with some other ideas.

I've installed yesterday's beta and it didn't seem to help with renaming files as
  TV_Program->SeriesName->Season#->Name_ep#_epName_etc
in my Windows XP environment.

So I've noticed there is an option to 'Rename files only'.

I do have a windows 7 with WMC installed. Could I just rename the files there, then move to my NAS and delegate the rest of the processing to those machines?

Even better, it seems that the commerical scan doesn't take that long, so run the rename and commercial scan on my Win7 machine, and had all the long conversion stuff running 3-5 XP/Vista machines. (Neighbors are offering me their old machines).

I don't expect anything except a general answer about this. "Yes, might be possible, dont' for to ..." OR "No, no way this will work". (Of course my Win7 is 64 bits, and the XP machines are 32:-( ).

Thanks for any ideas.

Neil M.
Chicago, IL
Nov 19, 2015 at 1:33 AM
pretty cool you've got it down to a science! Yes you can rename and do the EDL on one light machine and delegate the heavy lifting to another. But you can't split a single file between machines yet.

I'm curious to as why the latest build didn't work on your XP machine. Can you upload the log to the server so we can see what's going on? It should be able to get the metadata.

Nov 19, 2015 at 3:39 AM
Rboy,

See logfile in /UPLOAD/Disscussion - 647812 -- Possible to breakup processing

Thanks!

Neil M
Chicago, IL
Nov 19, 2015 at 5:27 AM
Okay fixed this in the next build. Now it should extract the metadata on your Windows XP/Vista/Server machines (although do note that MCEBuddy no longer officially supports Windows XP). Thanks for reporting it.