This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can a cut out just a specific amount in the beginning?

Dec 6, 2015 at 7:59 PM
Edited Dec 6, 2015 at 8:00 PM
Oops title should of said can I not can A
I was running a show I recorded from Hulu through MCEBuddy and the first episode cut out over a minute from the beginning. The other files start a few seconds into the show. Is there a way I can have it only cut out the first 10 seconds of the file? All I want it to do is remove a stupid age warning from the beginning and another thing.

one other question, how can I have it not mess with the audio? On not her show the audio sounds like I'm listening through a sea shell or underwater.
Dec 6, 2015 at 8:03 PM
You will need a custom comskip.ini file (see the documentation for details) to not customizing the detection of commercials and cutting

As of audio, you will need to write a custom profile to copy the audio as is. Look at the unprocessed profiles for examples of copy audio without processing.

Dec 6, 2015 at 8:29 PM
Thanks that's what I figured. I'll have to look around to see how to do a custom Comskip.ini file. Same with a profile for the audio.
Dec 6, 2015 at 8:39 PM
There's an GUI INI editor tool in the comskip directory when installed which can help

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:02 PM
I'm working on the first issue now and was looking at the GUI. Should make things a lot easier for me. What should I be looking for? I see two options at the bottom about always keep first or last seconds. But my issue is to remove the first few seconds only.