This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

2.4.3 beta issue

Dec 13, 2015 at 3:31 AM
Edited Dec 13, 2015 at 5:00 AM
Thought I would try out the 2.4.3 beta. Was converting a Hallmark movie and computer rebooted the middle. Wasn't doing much else. Just a browser. THought it might be a fluke. Tried again and it happened again.

So I removed 2.4.3 beta. I double checked my system for temps, etc. and all seems normal. If I see no other symptoms, I'll reinstall 2.4.2.

edit: to be clear, the above build was from the 12/11/2105 folder on the server.
I rebooted with Intel HD4600 GPU enabled instead of the HD7870. Reinstalled the build from the 10/15/2015 folder and successfully converted two files. It also used the Intel GPU to render.

Might try the Dec build again tomorrow with the Intel GPU. Even though I have my 4770k overclocked (water cooled), it has been very stable for two years. I've been thinking about upgrading the GPU to GTX960, but may have to wait til after the holidays.
Dec 13, 2015 at 2:29 PM
You've got a bad hardware piece or driver in there. Likely RAM if it's hardware. You will need to analyze your kernel crash dump. Mcebuddy can really stress the system out and even a slight issue with hardware can cause the driver to bug out. The other issue could be your display driver or chipset driver (if they aren't Microsoft).

Applications cannot cause a computer a crash. Only drivers and faulty hardware can do that.

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:40 PM
Edited Dec 13, 2015 at 3:46 PM
Probably the ATI HD7870 driver then. I'm not using the latest because the newer drivers disable GPU acceleration in Cyberlink PD13. But I find it odd that I didn't have issues with the October build using the same hardware.

So far the 12/11 build seems to be working with the Intel GPU. What does re-remuxing due to audio error mean? I've seen that on several HDHR Prime files.

This version still didn't convert the entire 2 hr movie. Just the first 30min. Need to figure out what is going on with this HDHR Prime.
Dec 13, 2015 at 3:44 PM
The newer builds use GPU acceleration is available, could be something to do with that stressing out the drivers.

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:05 PM
Here the strange thing... The HDHR PRime file is 10.7GB and plays back correctly using MPC-HC 64bit.

MCE Buddy only converts the first 30min.
Cyberlink Power Director 13 imports the last 1hr 30min, but not the first 30 min. I was at least able to get the entire movie finally. Just really frustrating when I have to jump hoops just to get something converted.

May test out this again later this afternoon with the HD7870.
Dec 13, 2015 at 6:45 PM
You've got a buggy tv tuner recording driver. It's inserting an EOF in the middle of a recording. . That's the only reason MCEBuddy would stop mid way through a file.