This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

WTV Unprocessed Comskip conversion tasks

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:33 PM
Edited Dec 20, 2015 at 5:51 PM
Hello,

New user here of early access 2.4.3 Beta 20151217 64-bit build on Win 7 SP1.
I'm running Windows Media Center to record shows (WTV format) that I just want to strip the commercials from with no further processing.
I have a set of existing WTV recordings in 3 places that I have in the Monitoring list. I want to use the "WTV Unprocessed" profile only on my commercial TV shows (not PBS shows). So I am trying to use Selection Filters - Filename match.

What I expected: after setting up a WTV Unprocessed conversion task with a filename filter such as "The Tonight*;The Late*;Dateline*"...and then pressing Start, I expected the file conversion queue to populate with all of my files that meet this criteria. Instead, the status stays at Idle.

So I created multiple conversion tasks, each one with a single filename with wildcard. Same result.

I hit the Rescan button, same result.

Maybe I'm missing something on how to tell MCEBuddy to go populate my file conversion queue. Or, does it only add to the conversion queue after a NEW file comes into the monitor locations?

Thank you for a very useful program and any support or ideas on this.
Coordinator
Dec 20, 2015 at 6:22 PM
Attach a link to your mcebuddy.log file or go through it. It will tell you why it isn't adding the files to the queue. Maybe the filters don't match or there is a delay timer or the files are inaccessible.

Dec 22, 2015 at 1:50 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up deleting my conversion tasks and creating just one new task with filename filter .wtv;~NMPBS*
which processes only non-PBS shows. It seems to populate when I start the conversion.

One further question: I can't seem to find how to tell MCEBuddy to delete the source .wtv file after the Comskip conversion. I see the option to delete manually added
source files, but not how to delete source files in the monitored locations that meet my filename filters. Is there an option to do this?
Coordinator
Dec 22, 2015 at 2:23 AM
Monitor Task -> Expert Settings

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:30 AM
Perfect. Thank you...knew I had seen it somewhere.

My compliments on MCEBuddy which is really helping me make the best use of my HTPC.