This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Avoid convert if the output file already exists

Dec 29, 2015 at 10:24 PM

I’m catching up on some series I want to preserve and so when I monitor my recordings, the recorder might capture the same Season and Episode again…

I’d like MCE Buddy to just end the conversion process when it finds that the output file would be the same.

Mythbusters_2014_08_01.wtv -> converted to S2014E14-Mythbusters.mp4

Mythbusters_2015_10_14.wtv -> would be converted to S2014E14-Mythbusters.mp4, but don’t bother, it already exists.

Thanks,

Tom

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:37 PM
See the conversion task expert settings page.

-> Don't convert file if it destination exists.

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:36 PM

The check box instructions for that flag say:

“When this box is checked, the destination file will not be overwritten if it already exists.

Instead a new file will be created with a unique number added to the end of the filename.”

I’ve tried that flag before, and it works as documented, I get multiple files with a unique number for each on the end.

Instead, I would prefer to not have the conversion happen at all.

But, you had my hopes up!

Thomas E. Canter

Dec 31, 2015 at 3:54 AM
There is another option to skip conversion if destination file exists. Use that

Dec 31, 2015 at 5:53 AM

I found a flag in the config file SkipReprocessing that I set to true, and cannot find a matching checkbox in the configuration UI.

When that is set to True, the UI disabled the Do Not overwrite files check box.

I’ll know shortly if it is the right option, even if I can’t find it in the UI.

Thomas E. Canter

Dec 31, 2015 at 6:16 PM
Edit the configuration file directly at your own risk.

Only use the UI. Every option is available through the UI

Dec 31, 2015 at 11:18 PM

I have found the correct flag:

Conversion Tasks -> Advanced Settings -> Expert Settings button -> Selection Filters -> Skip Reconversion

It disables the Do Not Overwrite files at the bottom in the Miscellaneous section.

Thomas E. Canter

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:28 AM
Perfect! Yes the UI does some validations to avoid getting into invalid configuration status.