This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Updated to 2.4.3 No longer working

Jan 24, 2016 at 6:27 PM
Here's my working setup I have HDhomeRun with 3 tuners recording to my W7x64 PC with MCEBuddy 2.3.14 removing commercials and then it would convert it to MP4 and download it to my server TV show folder which I then use Ember Media Manager to scan in nfo,jpg thumb file. Which it is all connected to KODI :) Its been working great for over a year :)

The problem was I started to record more TV shows so it was getting behind. So I Uninstalled 2.3.14 as per directions then installed 2.4.3 and also set it up so it would scan 3 at a time used the lastest Comskip which I also have premium access to.

So after a day or two the Windows WTV folder had 20 or so TV shows they showed up in MCEbuddy as being scanned the next morning Buddy shows nothing waiting to be scanned so I figured its done. Then I checked Kodi and no new shows are listed.
I checked the monitor location folder and its full of TV shows non where deleted and MCEBuddy doesn't recognize them. They are still in wtv format.

So now Iam really confused what did I do ?
Jan 24, 2016 at 7:00 PM
Start by seeing your history and logs why didn't convert. Maybe it's out of space. If you're doing 3 at a time, you need a TON of space

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:56 PM
Where is the log located to post ?
Jan 25, 2016 at 10:16 PM
Click on the History link on the top left. Start there, for each conversion it'll tell you why it failed (once failed it won't retry unless you clear the history or re add it manually). Then open the logs by clicking on logs button in the top right, go through the log files to see what's the detailed reason if you can't make out from the History link. If you can't figure it out upload the log file.

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:30 PM
I changed the output folder to a hard drive on the PC and it works fine. So for some reason it will no longer work with the network drive. The drive still has almost 2 terabytes of storage left.

Should I go back to the older version ? since that one worked on the network drive.
Jan 28, 2016 at 12:23 AM
There is no difference related to drives or networks. There's likely and issue with the network drive.

Jan 28, 2016 at 12:24 AM
Sorry incomplete. There is likely and issue with the network drive configuration. Check your credentials in mcebuddy

Jan 28, 2016 at 6:09 PM
I saw the credentials option... But My WDMycloud has no login setup or security. Its open to anyone on my Ethernet .

I did come across another problem. In Kodi my library now is being setup for TV with seasons folder which is good :) a lot less to look at while in the folder.

I have TV shows with the TV Show title with S01E01 but when I clicked the feature for TV shows folder in MCEbuddy option all I get now is Season folder with S01E01 it doesn't have the Show name in front of S01E01.. Is there a step I am missing ?
Jan 28, 2016 at 6:54 PM
That's the design, otherwise write your own custom rename command.

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:43 PM
I saw that custom command when you hover over it, it shows what to type. Is there a spot where I can copy paste it ?

Still seem to cant get the MCEBuddy to copy to the Network drive :(

http://xbmclogs.com/ps3pqtoqz
Feb 4, 2016 at 6:59 AM
  1. Yes in the custom rename box (check the option)
  2. See the FAQ's on the common issues page regarding network authentication and how it works.
Feb 20, 2016 at 8:58 PM
Yahoo ! After re-installing Firmware to Mycloud MCEbuddy now sends the recordings !
Still having issues with the old recordings that didn't get sent. How do you make MCEBuddy rescan them ?
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/8/2016 at 8:56 AM
Feb 23, 2016 at 6:12 PM
Open the history window and remove the files from the history and click rescan