This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

203Help me create a profile for HDHOMERUN DVR from extend w/ aac

Feb 13, 2016 at 11:42 PM
I have a HDHR extend and HDHR DVR. It does the h.264 transcoding for me and leaves me with a h.264/ac3 and a .mpg file extension.

For PLEX, I'd prefer a h.264 with aac audio and a .mp4 extension.

Can you help me create a profile to do this? I'd like not change the video since it's already 264 and you lose a little every time you convert.

So far, with everything I tried, the audio and video go out of sync.
Feb 23, 2016 at 1:00 PM
Try using the mp4 unprocessed profile but take the audio section from the mp4 profile. Post what you're using here

Mar 7, 2016 at 5:32 PM
Below is the profile I used. The result is out of sync audio. The sync wasn't too bad when commercial skip was off, but when comskip was on, the audio was way out of sync

[HDHomeRun Rob]
Description=Use this to remove the commercials and convert the source video into a SiliconDust HDHomeRun compatible MPG file with (H.264/AC3) video/audio and convert to (H.264/aac) mp4.
order=ffmpeg
ffmpeg-general=-threads 0
ffmpeg-video=-ss 3 -vcodec copy -sn
ffmpeg-audio=-acodec libfdk_aac -ab 192k -cutoff 18000
ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec libfdk_aac -ab 384k -cutoff 18000
ffmpeg-ext=.mp4
ffmpeg-audiodelay=skip
PreConversionCommercialRemover=true
FixedResolution=true
SkipCropping=true
AutoDeinterlace=false
Mar 7, 2016 at 6:01 PM
What version of MCEbuddy are you using?

Try using a different aac encoder like
> ffmpeg-audio=-acodec aac -ab 192k -strict experimental
ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec laac -ab 384k -strict experimental

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:46 PM
I'm on V2.4.3 of MCE Buddy. I had a couple crashes with 2.4.4.

The conversion with the below crashed.

[HDHomeRun Rob]
Description=Use this to remove the commercials and convert the source video into a SiliconDust HDHomeRun compatible MPG file with (H.264/AC3) video/audio and convert to (H.264/aac) mp4.
order=ffmpeg
ffmpeg-general=-threads 0
ffmpeg-video=-ss 3 -vcodec copy -sn
ffmpeg-audio=-acodec aac -ab 192k -strict experimental
ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec laac -ab 384k -strict experimental
ffmpeg-ext=.mp4
ffmpeg-audiodelay=skip
PreConversionCommercialRemover=true
FixedResolution=true
SkipCropping=true
AutoDeinterlace=false

my errors are:
deo duration=1338.37
2016-03-07T13:35:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpeg --> Program 1
2016-03-07T13:35:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpeg --> Metadata:
2016-03-07T13:35:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpeg --> service_name : Service01
2016-03-07T13:35:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpeg --> service_provider: FFmpeg
2016-03-07T13:35:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpeg --> Stream #0:0[0x100]: Video: h264 (High) ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B), yuv420p(tv), 1280x720 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], Closed Captions, 59.94 fps, 59.94 tbr, 90k tbn, 119.88 tbc
2016-03-07T13:35:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpeg --> Stream #0:10x101: Audio: ac3 ([129][0][0][0] / 0x0081), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 448 kb/s
2016-03-07T13:35:53 MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpeg --> Unknown encoder 'laac'
--> Process exited with code 1
--> FFMpeg output file size [KB] -> 0.00
ERROR> 2016-03-07T13:35:56 MCEBuddy.Transcode.ConvertWithFfmpeg --> FFMpeg conversion failed
2016-03-07T13:35:56 MCEBuddy.Transcode.ConvertWithFfmpeg --> Conversion: Percentage Complete 0
2016-03-07T13:35:56 MCEBuddy.Transcode.ConvertWithFfmpeg --> Original file size [KB] 642,362.00
2016-03-07T13:35:56 MCEBuddy.Transcode.ConvertWithFfmpeg --> Finished video conversion, file size [KB] 0.00
ERROR> 2016-03-07T13:35:56 MCEBuddy.Transcode.ConvertWithFfmpeg --> Conversion of video failed
ERROR> 2016-03-07T13:35:56 MCEBuddy.Transcode.Convert --> FFMpeg did not convert successfully, using fallback if configured
ERROR> 2016-03-07T13:35:56 MCEBuddy.Transcode.Convert --> Unable to convert file Bordertown S01E03 20160117 [20160118-0230].ts using profile HDHomeRun Rob
ERROR> 2016-03-07T13:35:56 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Conversion failed
INFORMATION> 2016-03-07T13:35:56 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob -->
--> Performance Metrics for the Current Conversion
Mar 7, 2016 at 6:57 PM
I also tried with changing the line
ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec laac -ab 384k -strict experimental
to
ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec aac -ab 384k -strict experimental

The conversion ran but the audio was about 2 seconds out of sync.
Mar 7, 2016 at 8:44 PM
use the audio offset to correct it in the Expert Settings page