This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Output File Names Include (1) (2) Etc.

Mar 4, 2016 at 4:30 PM
I am testing MCEBuddy 2.4.3 to see if it can handle everything I need want to do with my media files but I've hit a few snags that I can't find a reason for.

For example, I am running a job that simply renames and reorganizes my downloaded TV shows. For no reason that's apparent to me MCEBuddy has chosen to name some of the shows as if there was already a copy of that show in place.

e.g. Expected File Name: New Girl S05E02-Show Title
Actual File Name: New Girl S05E02-Show Title(1)

I understand why the (1) would be there if a file named New Girl S05E02-Show Title already existed but in several cases the file does not exist in the output folder and still MCEBuddy appends a (1) or (2) to the file name.

Why does this happen? Is it a bug? Can I prevent it?

Thanks,

MJ
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2016 at 5:04 PM
Go though your log file and see what metadata MCEBuddy is extracting from your file. That metadata will determine what filenames are generated. What you haven't given is your log file link nor the original filename or saying where the Metadata comes from.

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2016 at 3:51 PM
figured it out?
Mar 16, 2016 at 10:32 PM
This particular issue had everything to do with special characters in the show title preventing a proper metadata lookup. The 2.4.4 beta you announced in one of my other posts solved this problem. Thank you!

MJ
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/16/2016 at 5:10 PM