This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't get MCEBuddy to uninstall

May 6, 2016 at 10:54 PM
I paid my fee and am trying to get the updated version to install. It says that I can't install it because it is already installed. But It is not in Control Panel so I can't uninstall it. After 2 hours of bullshit I finally find a document that says to do this to manually uninstall it. So I do all that. Hunt down everything that says mcebuddy. And remove the service and reboot a few times.

And it still tells me that I can't install it because it is already installed. So what do I do now? I think it is immoral to ask for money and not give someone a support link.

I think you guys need a better installer program.

I am using Windows 10 64 bit.
Coordinator
May 7, 2016 at 5:01 PM
These problems aren't to do with MCEBuddy but rather a corrupted windows installer. You can thank Microsoft for that.

Follow the instructions on the documentation page. (Click on the Documentation link http://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/documentation)

Documentation page -> Installation Issues -> Clean Uninstall instructions

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 5/20/2016 at 2:27 PM
May 7, 2016 at 9:27 PM
I did do a clean uninstall. Nothing in Program Files, no service. I did a search on c: and deleted everything that said mcebuddy. But it still says that I can't install. If I had some idea of what exactly it was looking at to say that it's installed I could try to kill but I have no idea of where to go from here.

This copy of Windows 10 is an upgrade from Win 7. Could that have caused some sort of problem? If so what can I do now?
Coordinator
May 7, 2016 at 9:41 PM
Upgrade from windows, about a zillion issues. I gave upgrading because I ran into so many issues.

If you've done all the steps listed in the documentation including cleaning out the registry I would search on the internet on how to repair the installer database.

My suspicion is you have some entries lying around the registry or windows installer database.

Otherwise just do a clean install of windows.

May 11, 2016 at 11:16 PM
OK I hunted around some more and found on Major Geeks a program that claims to be from Microsoft. Using that I was able to uninstall the program from the Windows Installer database or whatever. So I can now run the install and it almost works. But it gets to about 95% and gives me an error that says:

Could not open key: UNKNOWN\Components\620139E0B929C2837B208B4B3039995E\AA6973D0768D8724EACB6361DAF1C7A3. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I searched the registry for about 4 hours and can't find that key. Any suggestions as to what to try next?
Coordinator
May 12, 2016 at 12:14 AM
Sounds painful. Looks like your windows setup maybe in a place it may benefit froma clean install