This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Conversions stopping at Analyzing video information

Aug 22, 2016 at 6:37 PM
AS of midnight 22/08/16 all of my conversions are freezing at the Analyzing video information stage.

I've tried a variety of recordings from before and after the above date and they all freeze.

I've also tried the last recording that worked on 21/08 and this has also frozen

The following link has the logs for the last successful conversion and the same file today.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ajr3DFwp3E-lnEzxB74CJbi-7bbU

AS far as I can see nothing has happened on the PC since the 21st, there have been no windows updates and I haven't installed or removed anything
Aug 22, 2016 at 7:17 PM
I see you're on BETA 2.4.3, try upgrading to Release 2.4.5
It updated MediaInfo which is likely causing the issue you're seeing. This could be likely due to a change in the recording format/tuner firmware which is making it write the video metadata in a different way causing MediaInfo to hang.

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:26 PM
Thanks that seems to have cured the problem, I'm guessing that one of the sources Buddy uses for lookup changed at midnight on Sunday/Monday and that's what caused the problem, given that a recording that had converted OK then did not.