This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Remote Client Failing

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:46 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2016 at 4:49 PM
Hi,

I have three Windows 10 Machines (server and two clients) and a Windows 7 machine (client) all on the same HomeGroup. I am trying to setup to have all the machines able to record and then immediately move that file to the server so everybody has access (and potentially further process down the line). The Windows 7 machine works fine, when recordings complete they fire off to the server great. The Windows 10 machines won't work at all, even when manually dragged and dropped, they fail giving me a message of inaccessible or doesn't exist. The folder's their in are shared with everyone full permissions but it appears to be a permissions issue. Any ideas on why I might be seeing this behavior?

Edit: Don't know if it matters but for the network credentials, I have only filled in the field with guest
Log:

TEXT
Sep 13, 2016 at 5:42 PM
It can't access the files. Window 10 is weird when it comes to authentication, it behaves differently from Windows 7 I've noticed. You need to explicitly enable your guest account through the system policies for it to authenticate as a Guest. The other think I've noticed, as a difference between windows 7 and 10, when authenticating

Say Machine A is trying to access a share on Machine B
Windows 7 -> Enter the authentication as "Username" and it will automatically assume the Machine name is Machine B
Windows 10 -> You need to explicitly mention the machine name otherwise the authentication will fail so it'll be "Machine B\Username" or Domain set to Machine B and then username

I don't know why Microsoft did such a fundamental change to the way the user enters the authentication but then again why know why Microsoft does anything.

Sep 13, 2016 at 5:49 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I ended up using the email address and password I use for my login and it seems to have worked for all machines including the Windows 7. Is there a problem with doing it this way?
Sep 13, 2016 at 6:14 PM
As long as the authentication works and MCEbuddy can access the files, it doesn't matter