This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

hardware acceleration not working anymore

Sep 26, 2016 at 5:54 AM
Edited Sep 26, 2016 at 6:08 AM
EDIT:
Forgive my idiocy - the problem is not with hardware acceleration, as I used a profile that doesn't re-encode the recordings. So ignore the subject/title. But I do still have a problem.

Not sure exactly what's wrong here. RBOY, would you mind taking a look? I've uploaded two recent logs for you to check. Both are 1-hour TV shows recorded by my HDHR-DVR. Interestingly one of them (star wars rebels, animated) took almost 4 hours to complete processing, while the other (60 minutes) took only 14 minutes. Both use the HDHomeRun - Unprocessed profile with comskip engaged. They should be very fast, as all it's doing is renaming and cutting commercials out. So I'm not sure what the problem with the Rebels episode is.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
KC
logfiles are named "KCrebels.log" and "KC60min.log"
Sep 27, 2016 at 12:49 AM
1. You're on an older version of mcebuddy 2.4.4. BETA, the latest is 2.4.6 BETA
2. The reason you don't see quicksync because your profile doesn't use handbrake (only handbrake supports quick sync)

order=copy,ffmpeg

You profile indicates only ffmpeg hence it only checks for NVIDIA (which is what ffmepg supports)

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:03 AM
Edited Sep 27, 2016 at 1:04 AM
It seems like you read and responded to my original post; I edited it to clarify but I couldn't change the topic. The problem is not about acceleration or quicksync, that was my mistake. The question is why did one process take about 4 hours, while the other took only 14 minutes or so, when both were using the same profile, and both were 1-hour long shows which comskip trimmed to ~40-ish minutes?
(also I did notice I was on an old version and have since upgraded, resulting in my other thread about lost settings...) :)
Thanks!
KC
Sep 27, 2016 at 1:36 AM
Go though the logs. It even summarizes at the end the time taken by each step. Start from there. Could be any number of reasons from broken source files to driver problems to are you using the donator version of comskip.

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:38 AM
Start by looking for ERROR> in the log files and like I said the summary at the end. Then look for WARNING>

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:17 AM
Edited Sep 27, 2016 at 2:17 AM
rboy1 wrote:
Go though the logs. It even summarizes at the end the time taken by each step. Start from there. Could be any number of reasons from broken source files to driver problems to are you using the donator version of comskip.
Hi, yes I'm using the donator version of comskip. I saw the time breakdowns in the logs, that why I posted. It's the remuxing that took so long on Rebels, and I don't understand why that would be.