This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Monitoring Network drive on a iMac

Jan 2 at 6:35 PM
I am having issues monitoring a folder I have mapped on my Windows 10 machine running MCE Buddy. This folder is shared from an iMac. Can you help me figure out why I get the following error.

ERROR> 2017-01-02T12:11:17 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Unable to search for files in location V:\TV for monitor task Channels DVR iMac - TV
ERROR : Could not find a part of the path 'V:\TV'.
ERROR> 2017-01-02T12:11:17 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Unable to search for files in location V:\Movies for monitor task Channels DVR iMac - Movies
ERROR : Could not find a part of the path 'V:\Movies'.
Jan 3 at 2:04 AM
I just mapped it directly to network folder & it seemed to fix the issue
Jan 9 at 4:09 PM
Network mappings don't exist in system context, they are USER login context mappings and MCEbuddy runs in system space. Hence you need absolute network paths and authentication for those network paths. Lots of threads on this topic and stickys.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/9/2017 at 8:09 AM
Jan 30 at 11:55 PM
What are sticky threads please? any chance of a url or better guidance (I'm starting to regret paying the $30)
Jan 31 at 12:00 AM
rboy1 wrote:
Network mappings don't exist in system context, they are USER login context mappings and MCEbuddy runs in system space. Hence you need absolute network paths and authentication for those network paths. Lots of threads on this topic and stickys.
What are sticky threads please? any chance of a url or better guidance (I'm starting to regret paying the $30)
Feb 5 at 10:10 PM
Edited Feb 5 at 10:10 PM
When you click on the "Discussions" link (on top), read the BIG BOLD LETTERS in RED, "STICKY POSTS"