This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Add -wtvmpeg2 to ccextractor for profiles?

Jan 14 at 5:36 PM
Edited Jan 14 at 5:36 PM
I've been working with the CCExtractor guys to figure out why all of a sudden all of my captions were out of sync since I upgraded to MCEbuddy's newest version. All files extracted with older versions of CCextractor worked, but not with the newest versions in MCEBuddy. You can see that thread here: https://github.com/CCExtractor/ccextractor/issues/452

After some digging, it seems that using a -wtvmpeg2 flag with ccextractor solves the issue with all of my recordings. However, it seems I can't find a place in the profile.conf or mcebuddy.conf to add this flag.

Is there somewhere I can add this command, or is this something that can be added?

For reference, I'm using Windows 8 Windows Media Center and a HDHomeRun dual to record, but for some reason the main caption stream is out of sync, but this flag fixes that (no COMSKIP involved).
Jan 22 at 12:28 AM
Anyone have any ideas? I scoured the documentation and config files again and can't find a way to add this command.
Jan 28 at 6:39 PM
Edited Jan 28 at 6:43 PM
To anyone who is interested, I was able to get this to work through custom commands directly by adding the following to my profile in profiles.conf.

CustomCommandPath="C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\ccextractor\ccextractorwin.exe"
CustomCommandParameters= -wtvmpeg2 "%sourcefile%" -o "%destinationpath%\%showname%_S%season%##E%episode%##.srt"
CustomCommandHangPeriod=0
CustomCommandCritical=true
CustomCommandUISession=False
CustomCommandShowWindow=False

You'll need to customize the parameters to match your naming scheme, as necessary.

The -wtv2mpeg command may be a useful option to have added to the profiles/CCextractor settings in the GUI, however.
Marked as answer by Trayal on 1/28/2017 at 10:39 AM
Feb 10 at 6:30 PM
Edited Feb 10 at 6:30 PM
Trayal wrote:
I've been working with the CCExtractor guys to figure out why all of a sudden all of my captions were out of sync since I upgraded to MCEbuddy's newest version. All files extracted with older versions of CCextractor worked, but not with the newest versions in MCEBuddy. You can see that thread here: https://github.com/CCExtractor/ccextractor/issues/452

After some digging, it seems that using a -wtvmpeg2 flag with ccextractor solves the issue with all of my recordings. However, it seems I can't find a place in the profile.conf or mcebuddy.conf to add this flag.

Is there somewhere I can add this command, or is this something that can be added?

For reference, I'm using Windows 8 Windows Media Center and a HDHomeRun dual to record, but for some reason the main caption stream is out of sync, but this flag fixes that (no COMSKIP involved).
Can you upload a sample video file showing this issue to our server for analysis. You can upload to upload.mcebuddy2x.com, password and login is mcebuddy