This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Write metadata, rename and move not working.

Feb 4 at 12:09 AM
Hi,
I have been using your product for about 4 years. It is the single best product I have ever paid for on the net and the best value. Thank you for all you do.

I am having a problem with something I have been doing for years which is automatically renaming a file to meet my file naming rules.

When the file is named Newhart_19821129.mp4 it does not get the metadata and rename properly but when it is named Newhart_19821129.vob it correctly renames the file but uses the vob extension which means i have to rename it .mp4.

I am including the logs for both conversions. If you could tell me what I need to do to correctly get this to work with Newhart_19821129.mp4 it would save me a lot of time.

TEXT

TEXT

Thanks,

Ed
Feb 5 at 10:07 PM
That's because when it's MP4 it looks for the metadata inside the file (which you can see from your logs only contains the title) with the VOB as there' no metadata in a VOB file it uses the filename and parses it.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 2/5/2017 at 2:07 PM
Feb 14 at 1:34 AM
Is there anyway I can force it to use the metadata it pulls on thetvdb.com when it is a mp4 so I can get it to properly name the file. Otherwise I will have to go in and change it to vob then use mcebuddy to rename the file then change it back to mp4.
Feb 22 at 1:11 AM
See the thread on how metadata extraction and matching works in mcebuddy