This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Output Folder getting year added - example "This Is Us (2016)"

Feb 23 at 2:51 AM
Edited Feb 23 at 3:03 AM
I've tried all the settings I can find on creating file names (works great) but I can't seem to figure out how to stop MCEBuddy from adding the year to folder names.

You can see in the image, I already had folder named "This Is Us" but MCEBuddy won't write to that folder, it creates a new folder named "This Is Us (2016)"

How can I stop this? I don't want duplicate folders, I just want MCEBuddy to add the recorded file to the appropriate folder (ie..... C:\TV\This Is Us\Season 1\BlahblahblahS01E10.mp4)

I can't see to upload my image, so I'm posting the link to the image my google drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzxEvZw2XQ1MZG5oeVdCV0VlRE0/view?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Jim
Feb 23 at 6:06 PM
Edited Feb 23 at 6:06 PM
It depends on your metadata, go through your conversion log to see what metadata is coming out of your video recording file, if for e.g. the Title contains "This is Us (2016)" then that's what it'll use.
You can also write a custom rename pattern to generate the folder/file names you want. See the documentation for more details.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/4/2017 at 5:44 AM
Mar 3 at 9:47 PM
The OP is probably aware of this, So I'm just throwing this out here for others that may see this. by adding the year it helps things find the RIGHT show. prolly doesn't matter for "this is us" but for "The Flash" if you don't put the year on the folder it finds the older series (not the currently airing one)