This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problem with networked destination path

Mar 5 at 9:10 PM
I've been trying to get MCEBuddy to store converted files on a network share. The network share is a Samba share setup on an ASUS router to a USB drive. I first tried with a login MceBuddy would log the error "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated". I could map a drive in Windows just fine. Next I changed the shared by turning off authentication on. In MCEBuddy I tried the Network Connection User credentials with the default 'Guest' user name (no password) and with a blank user name. When that didn't work I made sure I removed all existing mapped drives and restarted the computer browser and workstation services to close any open connections to the share. That didn't work either. As of now I'm at a loss as to why it fails. I've verified that path I set works in Windows with and without a login. With an anonymous share and all the credentials set to blank the mcebuddy.log file doesn't show an error when attempting to connect to the share:

2017-03-04T11:35:45 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Attempting to connect to network share \NETWORKSTORAGE\Data_Disk\Public\OtaRecordings
2017-03-04T11:35:47 MCEBuddy.Engine.Core --> Loaded MCEBuddy engine settings

This is what happens when I use the default 'Guest' login:

2017-03-04T11:34:37 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Attempting to connect to network share \NETWORKSTORAGE\Data_Disk\Public\OtaRecordings
ERROR> --> Unable to connect to network location \NETWORKSTORAGE\Data_Disk\Public\OtaRecordings
Domain name:
Username:Guest
Password:
Return code is 1312
A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated

Here are the errors I see in the individual conversion log file:

When login credentials are blank:
ERROR> --> Unable to move file C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\working0\S10E17-The Comic-Con Conundrum.mp4 to \NETWORKSTORAGE\Data_Disk\Public\OtaRecordings
Error :System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
at MCEBuddy.Util.FileIO.MoveAndInheritPermissions(String source, String destination)
at MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob.MoveConvertedFile(String subDestinationPath, Log jobLog)
ERROR> 2017-03-04T17:15:57 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file to destination failed

When login credentials are set to 'Guest':
ERROR> --> Unable to move file C:\Program Files\MCEBuddy2x\working0\Blue Bloods-2017-03-03 0003.mp4 to \NETWORKSTORAGE\Data_Disk\Public\OtaRecordings
Error :System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
at MCEBuddy.Util.FileIO.MoveAndInheritPermissions(String source, String destination)
at MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob.MoveConvertedFile(String subDestinationPath, Log jobLog)
ERROR> 2017-03-04T00:35:32 MCEBuddy.Engine.ConversionJob --> Moving converted file to destination

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Chad
Coordinator
Mar 11 at 2:29 AM