This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

MCEBuddy running very slow Comskip now showing 3+hrs for 2nd pass

Apr 9 at 2:40 PM
Edited Apr 9 at 4:13 PM
I have an i5 8g ram normally my shows take about 10-20mins to complete with comskip and the normal settings.

Yesterday everything started to get very slow.
I have no idea what is different.
I didn't make any changes to my computer other than I just purchased a new laser printer. I can not believe its drivers made any difference and it is not attached at the moment.

Normally comskip will pin my CPU to 90% and other processes will run very fast.
Now it is only using about 10% CPU.
It is not just comskip it is everything moving much slower.

I don't know if this is a windows antivirus update that is throttleing MCEBuddy.
I only use AVG Antivirus the free version.

I have resorted to not using comskip but my videos still take much longer.

I was using 2.4.3 and I upgraded to 2.4.6 to see if I could fix the problem.
I have now downgraded to 2.4.2

Nothing has cured the problem
I am now testing with showanalizer to remove commercials however
like I said the whole process is now very slow.

I deleted my prefetch and temp files and I have about 250 gigs of space on my C drive where RecordedTV and MCEBuddy are located. I am moving files to an external drive when completed.

I would also like to ask are you continuing this project on github? or your own website?
will you be providing support in the future and new releases.

thank you

And Showanalizer is now finishing up it seems to be working faster but I have not completed the full conversion yet

EDIT
ShowAnalyzer seems to be working at full CPU Load and the conversion process seems to be going faster now. I do not know what this is all about. I am not sure if i previously purchased the Donater Version of Comskip it has been so long .. maybe I did .. however I did not change anything with MCEBuddy before it started slowing down.

The total video conversion process is working now but it is much slower than it use to be .. I am still using 2.4.2 instead of upgrading. I don't believe there were any speed improvements from .2 to .6

I made no changes and all of a sudden I had problems.
Coordinator
Apr 16 at 11:26 PM
You're using the free version of Comskip which is speed limited for mpeg4 files to 15fps. Upgrade to the Donator version of Comskip at www.comskip.org and it will resume full speed. See the Sticky Post on this FAQ.