MCEBuddy converts to same episode name

Apr 20 at 7:29 PM
Edited Apr 20 at 7:30 PM
Hi

I have been using this software for years, and never had an issue till now.

Recently, each episode of a recording is converted to the same file name, so if I have seriesnameS01E02 and seriesnameS03E07 they will both convert to the same file name (say seriesnameS02E04), so each conversion overwrites the last. Not quite sure how long this has been going on, but I think it started early March. I have tried clearing the history and reconverting, but still have the same issue.

Recordings are done by DVBLink with the filename format seriesname_S01E01.ts. This setup hasn't changed for awhile, last change was to upgrade to DVBLink v6. MCEbuddy v 2.3.13 running on Windows 7 64bit

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Many thanks!
Apr 20 at 7:40 PM
Try putting a check mark next to "Do not overwrite files" on the bottom of the expert settings page.
Apr 21 at 11:03 AM
I can't see that option unfortunately. I think this might be a metadata issue, as all episodes return the same data. Not sure how to fix that though
Apr 24 at 3:33 PM
sorry for the delay. I had to drive 4 hours each way to install a tv for a family member. I ended up staying for 2 days and they don't have the internet. In any event, I vaguely remember there being a problem with gathering the metadata. As far as I know it was fixed but only in the donator version. My recommendation is to donate to the project and use the donator version. You mention you have been using mcebuddy for years. It costs rboy alot of time and money to keep mcebuddy alive. Help keep it going.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 5/3/2017 at 3:09 PM