This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Pause before execution of profile

May 15 at 2:33 PM
Edited May 15 at 2:50 PM
Hi,

Running MCEBuddy 2.4.5 w/ donator Comskip.

I have a situation where I run a "just rename and archive" profile and a conversion profile to remove commercials and store on the NAS.

The first "just rename and archive" is so I can reprocess in case of issues, mostly.

the problem is that when it runs the first time, both profiles execute at the same time and really slam the machine when it tries to copy both files at once. especially for long recordings.

is there a way to add a "wait 5 minutes before executing" to the rename and archive profile?

thanks a lot!
May 16 at 5:09 PM
Edited May 16 at 5:31 PM
You're saying 'profiles' when you really mean 'tasks'. Profiles define the conversion method/parameters that a task will use to process the file (i.e. tasks perform conversions using designated profiles). With that out of the way, here's one possible solution: daisy chained tasks.
  1. Run your "rename and archive" task just like you are now.
  2. Link your second conversion task (i.e. one that uses the conversion profile) to monitor only the location of of your archived copy you created in step 1. Make sure this is the 2nd task in the list.
This way, the tasks will run in succession because the 2nd one can't even start until the first one is done and has copied the original file to the "rename and archive" location. Just make sure your options for copy original vs. delete original are all set up like you want so you don't delete your archived copy by mistake. See my old post/thread here for how I did a very similar thing:

https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions/655133

Good luck.