This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

DVB Subtitles

May 27 at 8:21 AM
Hello

I dl the free version of MCEBuddy because I wanted to convert my .ts files from Dreambox to MP4. Bu the .ts files have subtitles in it (4 languages) but I can find no info of how I can embedd them in the output file ;-( I searched documentation and there is only mention of .srt. But the features list says one can embedd DVB subtitles. How do I configure this and choose language? Does the commercial version have this support and old one that is free doesn't? Is there a limited demo of it available?

Thanx
Jun 12 at 5:54 AM
Well, I can not buy paid version if authors don't even answer to my question. Thank you for support.
Jun 12 at 12:39 PM
this site has some of the most helpful admin's I have ever seen. Be a little more patient.

to answer your question, you can't. MCEBuddy will extract the subtitles to a separate file, but you cannot burn it into the video.
Jun 12 at 4:55 PM
Edited Jun 12 at 4:57 PM
tsigwing wrote:
this site has some of the most helpful admin's I have ever seen. Be a little more patient.

to answer your question, you can't. MCEBuddy will extract the subtitles to a separate file, but you cannot burn it into the video.
Can't you do that with the "-s" argument in HandBrakeCLI? Something like -s 1,3,3,4 for the OP's case?
Coordinator
Jun 12 at 5:45 PM
jerry2016 wrote:
Hello

I dl the free version of MCEBuddy because I wanted to convert my .ts files from Dreambox to MP4. Bu the .ts files have subtitles in it (4 languages) but I can find no info of how I can embedd them in the output file ;-( I searched documentation and there is only mention of .srt. But the features list says one can embedd DVB subtitles. How do I configure this and choose language? Does the commercial version have this support and old one that is free doesn't? Is there a limited demo of it available?

Thanx
Sorry, we've been very busy with a the upcoming release and getting a brand spanking new discussion forum ready for all your awesome folks.

There's a different between embedding and burning. Embedding a subtitles is adding the subtitle into the container (e.g. MP4 or MKV). Not all containers can have subtitles embedded into them, currently only MP4 and MKV containers are supported, just enable the option to embed Subtitles in the Conversion Task expert settings page. Or you can extract the subtitles and keep them in a SRT file by enabling the Extract Subtitles options on the conversion task page.

As @ktide pointed out if you want to burn your subtitles into the video itself and you're willing to get your hands a little dirty you can write a custom command and a custom profile using ffmpeg or handbrake to use the extracted SRT files and burn them into the video during the encoding process.

This question has been answered on the forum before, however this forum can be a little difficult to search, hopefully our new forum will make this a WHOLE lot easier and more friendly